Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ecarez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone, i recently installed a few arlo ultras around my home. I don't really care about security because the area i live is not too bad, but i put them up to retaliate against my neighbour who has some cams looking directly into my backyard.

I caught him flaring it with some sort of laser pointer device for at least 20mins and some sort of floating light that caused havoc for the motion sensor. I also had spotlight on, when it went on his laser device would make the spotlight turn off instantly. How???? Somewhat screwed the lens as it didn't revert back to looking dead centre. The lens was stuck looking to one side. I had it on track and zoom. I couldn't work out why it didn't recenter itself so i believed he had destroyed it. This was not the case. It seems when he lasered it, it was stuck looking the opposite way. Looking at the cam dead on it was way off to an angle. So i turned off track and zoom and now the cam is back to normal.

Possible long term damage im not sure. But the cam works okay for now. I plan to buy some more and point more of them into his house.

I plan to buy a bunch of ir led lights to blind his cams pointed at my home. As for the previous cam im unsure if i should place it back there in fear of him destroying it.

Anyone else had any issues like me? People actively trying to destroy arlo cams?

2 REPLIES 2
rdegraci2020
Tutor
Tutor

You could get arlo ghillie suit covers for your cameras, which will break up the camera outline somewhat.  These work really well when you place the camera up in a tree.

ecarez
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the suggestion bud they look rad, but my property has zero trees. Also the location of the targeted camera is mounted on the roof guttering along with a solar panel. I cant hide it. He will also pick up the IR from his own cams so no matter what, they will be 100% visible to him no matter where i place them. I don't believe there is a solution. I’ll just try to overwhelm him with more cams and play his game with lasers as well
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation