Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Techworldhcm
Aspirant
Aspirant

On a granted access phone account, the person can see one camera perfectly but cannot see the second. The screen appears white on the devices tab and turns completely black when put said camera in full screen. Meanwhile the admin account and another granted access account can see perfectly. What is the issue here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Arlo Ultra camera firmware is available addresses the issue being discussed here. Please make sure your camera is up to date with the latest firmware and let us know if you continue experiencing this issue.

Release Notes

JamesC

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd make sure that both the app and phone OS is up to date. Otherwise, I'd reboot the phone and reinstall the app. WHat phone/OS and how does it compare to the others?

Techworldhcm
Aspirant
Aspirant

The phone with that issue is the only Iphone that is up to date with iOS 12.2 while the other two phones are still at 12.1.4. All the Arlo apps are up to date. Do you think the latest iOS 12.2 might be the issue here?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Techworldhcm,

Try unsharing that camera and then reshare with the affected account. Do you still have the same issue?

JamesC

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
@JamesC This is the white overlay I get on my ultras! And it’s not shared it’s on the main account.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cwmmmm,

Well that's certainly odd as the user here is only seeing it on a shared account....not the primary.

Can you try removing and resyncing the camera to see if you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Techworldhcm
Aspirant
Aspirant

We tried removing and sharing again a few times. We even tried making a new account on that phone and sharing to that new account which worked for about 5 minutes, then the white screen is back.

tomk23
Aspirant
Aspirant

This post could apply to a few different threads in the forums but im getting Same issues as a number of posts, all my 3 cameras appear white overlay and when in full screen, black overlay when in live mode (if i can get that far).  Most of the time says "! The device failed to connect, Please try again." or "request timed out" If that message doesnt pop up, I can hear audio but picture is frozen with black/white overlay. Was working fine on saturday last week then update happened.

i have the latest everything, iPhoneX (12.2), latest app version / firmware for devices, fast download (50Mbps) /upload (20Mbps) speeds, 4K off, restarted base etc....

Only thing that works is notifications and recording to cloud....not much else.arlo.jpg

even web portal does the same

arlo2.JPG

Please fix.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is everyone who is experiencing the "white washed out image" issue using iOS? Is anyone here experiencing this on Android?

JamesC

martinm1
Guide
Guide

IOS for me. Just as an FYI, I removed the camera and hub to start all over and get the 1 yr premium free. The video wash out is still the same. It is ONLY if I select the motion tracking option. When I change back to 4k recording and no motion tracking then the video is normal. I have the same thing on IOS phone, IOS ipad (both latest software updates) and same on Macbook web interface with the chrome browser.

Hopefully, the engineers can figure this one out soon. 

I am often an early adopter and understand it often takes a few firmware updates to get everything working as designed. In this case I waited for the re-launch and it feels more like a launch. The video and audio on the camera are impressive, but at this point it is just not as "confidence inspiring" as the older cameras. I have the camera on my front porch and I need it to connect quickly and every time and have the video be visible. Nice to have cool features, but.......

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks martinm1, this is good information.

For the others here experiencing this issue, do you also see the same behavior? When you follow the steps provided by martinm1, disabling auto zoom and track, does that alleviate the issue?

JamesC

tomk23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Turning off autotracking seems to have solved the connectivity and white/black overlay..... but no autotracking now..
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tomk23,

Thanks for the confirmation, this will be helpful for the development team.

JamesC

Techworldhcm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently discovered that the white sheet on the screen goes away when Video Setting is set to 4K instead of Focus and Tracking.

RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo Ultra live view is Black when Auto zoom is on. It works when it is off. I’m on an iPhone XS Max.

Im a noob, do where should I begin, or what am I missing.

Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been escalated to the development team. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

mikejd1
Star
Star

I had this issue last night, i played with every setting, now today no white wash and just realized i had tracking and focus OFF and 4k on....i tried setting it back, and boom! white wash again...ugh!!!!

destagg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact some problem , it started after the OS upgrade on Wednesday night.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I see that’s it’s been escalated but I hat have the same issue on iOS, everything on latest and it’s when auto tack and zoom is on. I also see a little box in the corner when I zoom in which I think is you guys working on picture in pic so you still see the whole view while zoomed in.
Thomtr225
Aspirant
Aspirant
So just got these 2 4k Arlo s and is it normal to have washed out video?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Looks pretty normal to me. If you want, use the brightness setting in the camera settings under Video Settings to your liking.

ThePodhalan
Guide
Guide
Do you have 4k subscription on those cameras? Also is HDR on?
Thomtr225
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to only happen with 4k streaming off and hdr on or off and tracking on. Video goes dark then washes out bright. Bright setting was at 50%. 

DamianR
Apprentice
Apprentice
I would run without the tracking. Ru 4k and zoom manually if you need to.
GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice
When I click the live stream on my iPhone X on the 2 ultra camera's, all i get is a cloudy/grey screen, however, when I click the Pro2 camera that is also hooked up I get the picture reasonably quickly. If I use a PC and log into the web account it seems to work ok, a little slower connecting to the Ultra camera than the Pro2. I wonder is the resolution of the Ultra camera's is causing the issue with the IOS app
Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation