Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
digitalsr2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has any had issues where their Ultra camera just stopped working and is in a continuous cycle of clicking? I’ve contacted support over two weeks ago and they’ve barely responded. They ask one question and reply a week later.

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

digitalsr2,

A "Clicking" sound is typically an indication that the camera has entered night vision mode.

When you say the camera has stopped working, what indicates it no longer works? Do you see any error messages in the app?

JamesC

digitalsr2
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not working at all. No video. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

digitalsr2,

Do you have other Ultra cameras that are working (recording clips to the library)?

JamesC

gregp0309
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar issue.   Had 2 Ultra cameras synced successfully for around a week (after many attempts) and now have similar clicking and flashing led symptoms with one of them.

I also raised a case with support for my initial sync issues, and after a week of waiting, they provided a 7 step process to try and fix it. (i'd already managed to get both cameras synced by that stage).  Anyway, I tried this solution with the clicking camera, but to no avail.   They asked me to call on a U.S, number if I had further issues, but I'm in Australia.  

Strangely, my original Arlo HD cameras have synced perfectly with the new smarthub and have continued to operate faultlessly.

James - your assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I've found the experience with this 2 Ultra camera system very frustrating and has wasted alot of my time.    

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gregp0309,

Try swapping the location of the camera with this behavior and your other camera to see if the issue follows the camera or the location.

JamesC

gregp0309
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera is actually only doing this when plugged in to a USB port.   Doesn't happen when plugged into mains power, although does double blink orange every 10 secs or so.      Doesn't matter where the camera is, whether it's right next to the Hub or in a different room, and it won't sync.    The other Ultra doesn't behave this way in the same location /  while being plugged in.

I really think that this is a defective unit, so what is the process for a replacement please?  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gregp0309,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Joybat
Tutor
Tutor

i have the same problem

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joybat,

Do you have an open support case on the issue already?

JamesC

digitalsr2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Support has been asking for a video to showthem to clicking. I've sent it over but they are terrible at responding. It's been a month and still no resolution. It's more so they take 4 to 5 days to respond when they ask a question. Extremely slow. They're going down the route that it has to get replaced but it's just a painful process. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation