Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo VMB5000r4 || No video recording nor any notification thru email

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Sqrtidus
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

since Aug 19th after 11:08pm (UTC +1):

My VMB5000r4 when camera detect motion:

1. does not record any video in Library.
  2. does not send notification to my email address

My doorbell Detect Motion but:

1. does not trigger the associated Camera recoding 
  2. does not send notification to my email address

I have received yesterday night a motion detection notification on my android phone from one of the Arlo ultra camera but I could not view any video in library.

The arlo-Q camera connenected to My NIGHTHAWK rooter is working and send notification as expected

I have disconected and reboot the hub Several time.

is there anything that can be done to get it fixed.

rgds

Jean

Sqrtidus
11 REPLIES 11
Dukenewcomb
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of my cameras stopped recording the exact same time/day. 3 of my ultras are good but the front door stopped detecting motion. I swapped batteries, I deleted it from account, I reset base station, nothing. It won’t detect motion.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sqrtidus,

Are you using the default "Armed" mode or a custom mode?

JamesC

Sqrtidus
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,

I am using the a schedule which activates the default armed mode. I have also tried customized rules... It did not work. Note that the arlo Q cam works fine.

Rgds

Jean

Sqrtidus
SBloom9387
Aspirant
Aspirant

Things seemed to start working after the 8/20 update when I had Armed turned on, but that created a lot of noise during the day.  I switched back to my schedule to use custom settings for  inside vs outside and didn’t get notified or any recordings when I left for work.    This is something that always worked prior to the 7/29 update.  No other changes to cameras, WiFi, etc.  

i have reset my base base once again and I turned on fully armed again to see what happens. 

Sqrtidus
Tutor
Tutor

HI,

I have been trying to trouble shoot all day...It looks like a conflict while I activate My Doorbel motiion sensor.

The doorbell linked to a Chime and Front Camera. Upon motion detection the Door bell must sent Email to me and start recording from the front camera until the motion stops.

1. One issue is that the motion is detected I can see the motion detection signal becoming yelow but the no email is sent and no video recorded.
  2. When I remove the rule which is to record the video the  then I receive email notification

I think there is a conflict somehwere that I still trying to trouble shoot and that will be great if Arlo Team can help.

is there any limitation on how many rule a Camera can be linked to?

rgds

Sqrtidus
notafanaorultra
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. I really regret buying these camera's.  Not only will two of them not record I also get a lot of 00:00 recordings.  I do not trust them to capture something when I really need it.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

notafanaorultra,

If you're still experiencing an issue after the firmware update,  please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

notafanaorultra
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC wrote:

notafanaorultra,

If you're still experiencing an issue after the firmware update,  please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

James]]

I know you are a mouth piece for Arlo, but thanks, I didn't realize that was the next.  

Sqrtidus
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James,

I have started By contacting the Support Center. but since no Response from their Side.

Arlo Support Case # 41043989

Sqrtidus
brh
Master
Master

Last week I purchased a new doorbell and tried to pair it with an Ultra camera and although the doorbell and Ultra camera motion detection icons turned to amber, the camera would not record or send any notifications. I tried it with another Ultra camera with same results. In the evening, the Ultra spotlight would turn on, but again no notifications or recordings. Paired it with a Pro2 camera and it works perfectly. This is probably a firmware issue and hopefully will soon be resolved.

Brian

notafanaorultra
Aspirant
Aspirant

I feel your pain.  By far the worst product I have ever bought.  Camera's barley work, miss all motion, what is the point.  They have one job, to record/dectect and fail at the miserably. Selling off asap.  

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation