Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
pasipple
Tutor
Tutor

Just upgraded my system from Pro 2 to the Ultra over the weekend.  I’ve had the Arlo Door Bell installed on the Pro 2 system since the door bell was launched.  It worked fine.  

However,  I have not been able to connect the door bell (or chime) to the SmartHub.  I tried everything numerous times.  Rebooting the hub, resetting the hub, holding the door bell sync button for 10-secs, etc.  No luck.

Called Arlo tech support the other day and they told me the door bell was not yet compatible with the SmartHub.  They didn’t even offer my any assistance for trouble shooting.

Curious...why I couldn’t find any other posts on either the Ultra or Door Bell threads?  Anyone have similar issues?  Anyone else been told by Tech Support that the door bell is not compatible?  Anyone got the door bell connected to the new hub?

Thanks...

Note: Using SmartHub Model VMB5000 not the VCM4030P as shown on the posting.  Drop down box doesn’t give the VMB5000 option.

69 REPLIES 69
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you mean the Ultra SmartHub, it's currently not compatible with the doorbell. I expect a future firmware release will fix this.

net_genie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the Arlo Doorbell and Arlo Chime compatible with the newer Base Station which comes with Arlo Ultra 4-pack.

I have tried all the solutions from the community suggestions, to pair the Doorbell and/or Chime with the Base Station (new model), but it simply doesn't find it. 

Yes I have tried everything including restarting, resetting Base Station and Router/Wi-Fi, restoring Base Station to factory settings, everything but nothing works. I have tried all permutation and combinations of powering on Chime and Doorbell. All devices are next to each other during the setup but the Base Station is still not able to find either the Chime or the Doorbell.

brh
Master
Master

@net_genie 

Currenty the Arlo doorbell and chime do not work with the Ultra system, but there are plans in the near future to add them to the system.

Brian

grossman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anybody using the arlo doorbell with the new ultra cameras? I tried to add my arlo doorbell to the ultra base station but it will only recognize my old base station. That is problematic for me since I want to use the ultra with my doorbell

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

grossman,

The ability to sync your Arlo doorbell to your SmartHub is coming in a future firmware release. This is not yet available.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does anyone search for answers and read threads before posting?

JHatt
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will there be an email notification for the firmware update? I bought the doorbell at the same time I purchased the Arlo Ultra, and it’s frustrating to not have full use of both products. It’s also frustrating to have to keep checking back to see if the problem has been resolved.
Zachryme
Initiate
Initiate

Is the audio doorbell compatible with the ultra system? Arlo Ultra compatibility with Arlo Pro 2 & it's base

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not until a firmware update enables the doorbell. Right now a Pro or older base is needed.

Zachryme
Initiate
Initiate
Is there a release date for the update? I don’t want to return the product if it is going to be soon.
mrhilly
Tutor
Tutor

Was sold the Alro Ultra 3 Camera Kit and arlo doorbell will not sync with the ultra hub. 

Any updates on ETA of firmware fix?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Zachryme wrote:
Is there a release date for the update? I don’t want to return the product if it is going to be soon.

Unfortunately, getting Arlo to say when things might work is difficult, if not impossible

Remember, the official release date for the Ultra has yet to arrive. That is supposed to be next wee. Maybe this feature will work by then.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
mrhilly
Tutor
Tutor
Response from jb hifi retailer regarding doorbell compatibility.

"Due to a delay in firmware upgrade, you will NOT be able to pair the Arlo Doorbell with the Arlo Ultra 4K UHD until 25th March"
adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice

So basically the relaunch of Ultra next week.  Sounds good.  

mrhilly
Tutor
Tutor
Yes looks like next week is
hopefully a fix for the doorbell. And a few other issues.
MORGiON666
Star
Star

New firmware for ultra is live, doorbell now connects and works great!

53Crusher
Apprentice
Apprentice

Initially, it didn't work for me. My firmware was updated, but not the software app on my phone. Once I updated the phone app along with the new firmware for base station and cameras, my doorbell and chime connected. It all appears to work well.

mrhilly
Tutor
Tutor

I have 1.12.1.6_32471 f/w.... And still cannot connect. I have updated app today also.

Painful...

pasipple
Tutor
Tutor

I’m no expert...but I was able to easy verify the firmware versions then add both the doorbell and chime.

I would suggest making sure you have the latest firmware for the hub and cameras.  Then update your app.

Here’s the latest versions:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

Also...follow the directions in the doorbell/chime manual to pair both with the hub.  The doorbell is plug & play by adding the device in the app...the chime requires you press the pairing button on the side of the unit.

Good luck...

mrhilly
Tutor
Tutor

Okay, So i took the doobell back to the store and had it replaced, free of course.

And boom. New one connected automatically, plug and play no issues. So my original post being a firmware issue for me was actually a faulty unit.

mrhilly
Tutor
Tutor
4g and or my wifi. This is what i get when pair testing doorbell with camera. Greyed video image.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@mrhilly wrote:

Okay, So i took the doobell back to the store and had it replaced, free of course.

And boom. New one connected automatically, plug and play no issues. So my original post being a firmware issue for me was actually a faulty unit.

Nope, it was the firmware update that happened early Saturday. WIthout the firmware update, a doorbell would never connect. You just happened to hit your last attempt at the right time to take advantage of it.

LinoS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there, what F/W version should my Arlo Ultra Basestation (model # VMB5000r4) be at to support the Arlo Audio Doorbell (model # AAD1001)? I have tried today but the doorbell will still not synch. I am aware there is a new firmware version due that fixes this issue. I’m in Australia so not sure if the I have to wait till the next auto update, but knowing the actual version of firmware would help. Thanks.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LinoS,

You can find the release notes here: Release Notes

What are you experiencing that is preventing you from adding the doorbell, can you give us more details?

JamesC

LinoS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC,
The arlo doorbell will not connect when I try and add it as a new device. I live in Australia and am aware there is a version of firmware due today - 25th March AEST. When I use the Arlo app to add a new device and select doorbell there is an update check that occurs first, and it appears my base station is up to date. Current firmware version is 1.12.1.6_32471