Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EJoyner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I mean this is crazy.

I purchased an Ultra 2-pack and a Pro 3 4-pack from Best Buy on April 4th, 2020.  Upon installing the Ultra cameras, I did not receive an ask to setup the subscription.  When I installed the Pro 3, it set me up for the 3 month trial.  I reached out to chat support last night to get the annual trial setup, thinking this would be easy, but this is crazy.  How a company could be sophisticated enough to make cameras that send video through the air, but yet have this terrible of a process for setting up a subscription, is nuts.

I've now had 4 online chats (2 of which dropped on Arlo's end and I was then presented a new rep and had to start over), and 1 lengthy phone call, and I've received so much conflicting direction and things are still not resolved.  The rep last night would not escalate my issue to "the appropriate party" until I tried resetting the router to see if the subscription request would present itself (which it didn't), and the rep today told me to re-add everything back and then the chat window died before I could finish the reset, requiring yet another new support engagement.  Upon calling, the rep was helpful, but still could not fix the issue and "will get back to me in 24-48 hours with final resolution."  I've had to reset my router, remove and re-add cameras, I had motion working and sending me notes, but now they don't work, I mean this is crazy.  

So, I wanted to provide my feedback, and I also see if others had any advice for me here.

Thanks,

Eric

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EJoyner,

Upon installation of your Ultra kit, the included subscription should automatically be applied. This is a little different than the Pro 3 trial you would have received with your Pro 3 kit. If the subscription did not automatically apply, I encourage you to continue working with the support team toward a resolution. Please reach out to me if you need any further assistance.

JamesC

EJoyner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. Nothing activated for me, so at present I have nothing for my Ultras. I’m hoping this can be rectified. I’m super close to just uninstalling and returning Bc this is really concerning for me. The product seems to be solid, but I obviously would like to get what I paid for.
Kraws
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve experienced a similar issue as you, purchased a Pro 3-3 camera kit and an Ultra camera to add on. I was advised by Arlo that “ Please know that in order to take advantage of the 1 year trial plan, the system should be an Ultra kit otherwise the trail plan would not take effect.”
Completely false advertising by Arlo! Extremely disappointing and I’ve had no other solutions yet.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation