Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra SmartHub FW failed. Still waiting for SmartHub replacement.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MedStudent
Star
Star

So after a firmware for my Arlo Ultra Smart Hub failed, I contacted support who ran me through troubleshooting to diagnose, after a reset, that my device was stuck in an attempt to update and needed to be exchanged. I paid the $18 in shipping to exchange the Smart Hub, after confirming with support that this device would have the latest firmware and not need an update, to get a new hub that required the exact same update with the exact same issue; this time support is out of hubs to send and now has been 2 weeks. I contacted support again today who informed me there still isn't a Smart Hub in the United States that they can send me (black or white since I just want my 10 cameras working for the tear gas/riots 3 blocks away) and that I will have to continue waiting. 

Now I'm here looking for support in the industry as to how understandable I should be in this situation nearly a month without the ability to use a security system I paid a few thousand dollars for. Am I the only one who finds this situation completely inappropriate? At this point I feel like selling it all on eBay and going with a system not reliant on a central hub.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I had issues with my base going ‘offline from the last couple firmware updates and removing the SD card has stoped it from going offline.

I also saw a couple weeks back from James comments that on the latest base firmware update if you are having issues getting it updated then remove the SD card and then start it back up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

One question please, when your base is trying to update firmware does it have an SD card installed?

MedStudent
Star
Star
For my first one, yes for sure.

For the replacement, I can’t remember if I put it in before I tried (it’s in my desk again now).

Support didn’t ask about that either time, is that the issue? You have to take out SD cards before updates?
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I had issues with my base going ‘offline from the last couple firmware updates and removing the SD card has stoped it from going offline.

I also saw a couple weeks back from James comments that on the latest base firmware update if you are having issues getting it updated then remove the SD card and then start it back up.
MedStudent
Star
Star

Thank you so much! This worked!

Although after I added everything back I found that HomeKit wasn't available; I found the solution was to remove everything and restart the hub to get HomeKit to appear. I'm now just upset I spent $18 and so many hours on support now (My ISP and Eero too).

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi MedStudent!  I am happy to hear you are working again.

If you would be so kind could you mark my reply as the solution as it would help my community status.

Thank. you again and always great to help a fellow community member!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation