Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ad4m__w
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today i upgraded to ultra, got my free 1 year plan but dont have the option to add PVR 4k recording unless i upgrade to the elite from premier plan. is this right?

10 REPLIES 10
brh
Master
Master

@ad4m__w,

No, that is not correct. You should be able to get it with the Premier plan also. I don't remember exactly the steps to get the PVR plan, but you might have to select your subscription then go to change plan to add it. You should not lose your free plan if you add PVR or don't make any changes.

Brian

ad4m__w
Aspirant
Aspirant
Iv tried everything the premier plan I got for 1 year it say doesn’t have the option for pvr if I cha get it doesn’t give me option, if I went to change to elite plan I can get it but I’m not paying for elite plan as well when I should be able to get it on premier plan as an add on. Iv been on arlo support for nearly 2 hours they tried everything but didn’t know why so as it stands I can’t use the service which is annoying seeing as I upgraded from pro 2 so I can have my recordings in 4K
brh
Master
Master

@ad4m__w,

if you have another device, such as a pc, try adding it there. If that doesn't work, you might need to contact support or JamesC will probably respond. You could send a post to him at @JamesC  and see if he responds. 

Brian

ad4m__w
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I tried 2 different desktop browsers like the support agent told me and still no good, so disappointed
MLBinVA
Star
Star

Well, it could be done as I still have the "free" plan for the first year and have my four cameras signed up for the additional PVR service (frustrating that we have to pay extra to get the functionality that we bought the system for but I guess we should have read the fine print first).  It seems there are a lot of changes going on right now with Arlo may just need to give it a day or two and try again.  Sorry wasn't more help but maybe someone from Arlo will chime in...

In the for what it's worth catagory I'd love to hear your personal opinion on video quality between the Pro2'S and the ultras.

ad4m__w
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too hope someone from arlo helps me after spending all this money and can’t get the services nobody seems to be able to help me which seems poor. As to your question from pro 2s, i feel the night vision is better with the pro 2 if I have the spot light turned off on ultra as I don’t want it to be attracting attention, so that’s disappointing on the ultra but the quality is better on ultra in daylight compared to pro 2
Ewestin
Initiate
Initiate

I also have the same problem of my recently bought Arlo ultra. I can't seem to upgrade to PVR on my free premium subscription. Did you find any solution?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Ewestin wrote:

I also have the same problem of my recently bought Arlo ultra. I can't seem to upgrade to PVR on my free premium subscription. Did you find any solution?

Where are you? And where did you buy?

I ask because of this:

Solved: Re: Arlo Ultra - Smart Plan - Arlo Communities

The free 1 year plan is only claimable in the country in which the system was purchased.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Ewestin
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

It was bought and are being used in Sweden. The 1 year free plan is working, but there are no ways to add PVR to the subscription. 

If I change subscription to Premium Elite, I can choose which cameras to add PVR to. I don't need Premium Elite nor want to pay for it since I have 1 year free premium.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ewestin,

To add PVR, log in to your Arlo account from a computer and navigate to Settings > Subscription > Change Plan. Now simply click continue (making no changes to the account level subscription) and you should be presented with options for the PVR add-on.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation