Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
VIPERdsg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone, 

I'm locally storing Arlo video recordings on a micro SD. The recordings appear in the app library, but when I click on them to download and view, I get a grey screen. I've attached an image.

The video never downloads. I also cannot save the video to the camera roll (I get a success message, but it doesn't save). 

I've seen a couple of people have had this problem previously, but their solution doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried "clear downloaded videos", rebooting the base station, reformatting the SD, etc. 

Any advice would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm guessing you have iOS so check your app permissions in the phone settings to ensure access to files and folders is enabled.

As for the gray video, what phone and OS version? Have you rebooted and reinstalled the app?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm guessing you have iOS so check your app permissions in the phone settings to ensure access to files and folders is enabled.

As for the gray video, what phone and OS version? Have you rebooted and reinstalled the app?

RAYdisaster
Aspirant
Aspirant
Maybe you should change sd card may be a bad one
VIPERdsg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply,

All permissions were correct. I had rebooted the basestation but didn't think to actually reinstall the arlo app. Reinstalling the app seems to have fixed the issue; I can now view local files within the app. 

Thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation