Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra Camera Keeps going Offline

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
ad4m__w
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I have a problem with one of my Arlo ultra cameras, it keeps going offline after about 10-12 hours.
Iv deleted camera and re added it, changed battery, swapped position with my other 2 cameras, reset base station, rebooted base station and seems to be happening again and again. Begging to loose faith in Arlo this is also a replacement camera as my original one wouldn’t charge, now this one they sent me (an additional cost to ship) is now playing up. Anyone have any ideas? Once I delete camera and add it again it works for a short while then offline. Not really a great security camera if it keeps going offline especially at the price
11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ad4m__w,

When you have the camera online, what does the signal strength Icon show? Poor signal strength can cause the camera to drop offline if it is struggling to maintain it's connection with the SmartHub. Do other cameras behave the same way in the same position as the camera having the issue?

JamesC

ad4m__w
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes the signal shows 2/3 strength the same as other 2 cameras. If I change position of cameras it’s still the same I can put a different camera where the affected one is and works fine and the affected camera does the same in a different position goes offline after several hours
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ad4m__w,

This would seem to point to an issue with that specific camera. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Sharrz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been having the same issue. My Arlo ultra cameras are keep going offline. Pretty much every time whenever I try to play to see the live view the cameras are going offline?? So much for Arlo and best wireless cameras and all it does is go offline or having issues detecting motion especially if there is a person in the field of view.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sharrz,

What does the signal strength icon show for your cameras? If they have poor signal strength due to range or interference, that could be the reason they are dropping offline.

JamesC

Sharrz
Aspirant
Aspirant
The signal strength icon has all the three bars. In other words it’s full strength.
And the irony is I have other two cameras with signal strength of two bars and they work fine.
Except the fact that they don’t detect any bloody motion.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sharrz,

If the cameras are full strength, but still dropping offline, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Klapo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues with one of my ARLO Ultra cameras. It keeps going offline. Removing and re-adding helps for a several hours bt after the camera is offline again. I have the latest firmware in the camera and the Smart base station and the signal is STRON with 3 bars. Other cameras connected to the same base station work fine. I have logged a case with Arlo support and asked for a camera replacement.

GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having the same issue after upgrading to the latest app 2.12.2 released 01/02/2020

Graham_A
Apprentice
Apprentice

It appears the cameras staying online is EXTREMELY dependent on the connection to the hub, however indicator lights and signal strength are NO reliable indicator of whether the signal will be held, let alone established. I have 5 cameras, one disabled, which until Arlo screwed up my subscription we’re working (Ok-ish). After being told by support to reset everything, and having nothing work, in it’s original location I’ve moved the hub to about 7 different locations around the house with the hub showing a blue light and cameras showing 1-2 bars on the signal strength, which vary which camera shows what depending where the hub is. Oddly the cameras with lower signal strength indicated connect better, though none work property, all miss movement I can watch on live view and nothing gets recorded.

I’m massively  unimpressed by the chat support, the back-end system that messed up my subscription, has charged me for a CVR that I cant cancel or get refunded and which doesn’t work either, and by having to play hide-n-seek with getting the cameras to connect. Had I not had the system for 6 months, it would be back to the store for a refund. That may still prove to be the best solution, because I’m not going to get the days of my life back I’ve wasted trying to get this to work.

Scointer
Initiate
Initiate
Same here. Got a two camera pack and been up for about a week. I have one camera on battery which works ok and one with power connected and with a cvr subscription. Checked today after being out and only got recordings from the battery camera and the timeline is blank from a couple of hours after we went out on the power/cvr camera. Can view the battery camera but the power one just stays on connecting. Both cameras show full and strong on bandwidth when checking with camera positioning on the app. Restarting the hub brings it back online for a few days before the same happens. Why pay for cvr when I can’t get a full week recordings.
One other thing I have noticed is the one connected to power always says 85% power.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation