Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I stopped receiving my push/email notifications from the ultra camera. The initial installation was ok for a week or so, notifications operated normally for the Ultra camera. I have a  Pro 2 camera connected to the same hub and is operating as advertised. I tried removing, reinstalling the devices. on both moble and web applications. Moble app has been removed and reinstalled. Base station has been reset. Router as been cycled. The settings for notifications are correct in the phone and the arlo configuration. I would expect the Smart hub to be in control of the notifications but I may be mistaken. Any input would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brrish,

Are you using a custom mode or the default "Armed" mode? Do you also have e-mail notifications enabled? Do you receive those without issue?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I was using the Arm mode for testing last night. I use the geofencing to arm/disarm the cameras. No custom cross triggering or schedules. I do have email enabled on both cameras but only receive push and email from the P2.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brrish,

Try creating a custom mode with just rules for the camera in question (without utilizing geofencing) as a test and see if you experience the same behavior.

Also, take a look at the Smart notification settings for that camera and be sure the appropriate toggles are selected.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I am operating without a smart plan. I accidently canceled the "free 1 year" plan not realizing it was free. The off shore customer support said there was nothing they could do. I can not take the step you want me too. I have tried just arming manually and testing, no change. I think that satifies your first suggestion.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

After revisiting the APP and rethinking your suggestions it looks like I can not do either. No custom options without giving up $100 for a plan on a system I am not so sure about keeping. My only options are a schedule, armed, disarmed, or geo.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have done further troubleshooting and it seems when the P2 camera is set to push notifications it shuts down the ultra push function, not immediately but withing a short period does. Turn the push off on the P2 and the ultra starts pushing. And just to be clear both cameras are connected to the Ultra Smarthub. Any further input would be appreciated.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brrish,

To receive notifications/recordings for Ultra, you must have a subscription. If you canceled the included free 1 year subscription, this would result in the symptoms you describe.

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more details.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation