Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there a way to increase the 3-second buffer to like six seconds?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sandyshores
Follower
Follower

Is there a way to increase the 3-second buffer to like six seconds. People walk by and it's not triggered until they're half to 3/4 the way past. And my phone doesn't make a sound till they are well past. It's useless this way. There must be something wrong.

Also, the speaker is unintelligible from both cameras. Good mic but just voicelike static from the speaker or feedback if I get close.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sandyshores,

The maximum pre-buffer is 3 seconds. This isn't adjustable. If your motion detection is delayed, it could be due to camera positioning. Take a look at this article for tips on positioning your camera for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

If you're live streaming, and you get close to the camera with your streaming device, this can create a feedback loop causing audio issues. Take a look here for more information on this and how to avoid it: I hear a high-pitched sound when I stream live video from my Arlo camera; what do I do?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sandyshores,

The maximum pre-buffer is 3 seconds. This isn't adjustable. If your motion detection is delayed, it could be due to camera positioning. Take a look at this article for tips on positioning your camera for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

If you're live streaming, and you get close to the camera with your streaming device, this can create a feedback loop causing audio issues. Take a look here for more information on this and how to avoid it: I hear a high-pitched sound when I stream live video from my Arlo camera; what do I do?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation