Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just set mine up. Soon after turning everything on, I enabled the features that I wanted, including 4K Streaming. This morning I see that the selection is to the right, but grayed out instead of green. Now I can't turn it on or off, appears to be disabled in every camera's device settings/video. Rebooting the base station didn't help. Ideas??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

you should be able to Enable\Disable Local 4k Live Streaming when you are connected to your network. If you are not connected to your network this will be grayed out. Try reconnecting to your network.

How do I stream in 4K with my Arlo Ultra camera?

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or web browser? Have you tried both?

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes, in both but I always prefer to use the app. Was working before, now grayed out
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

you should be able to Enable\Disable Local 4k Live Streaming when you are connected to your network. If you are not connected to your network this will be grayed out. Try reconnecting to your network.

How do I stream in 4K with my Arlo Ultra camera?

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

This is indeed a new issue.  I just got a new Samsung and transfered everything from my old phone including the arlo app. 4K was working fine, it had quit on my s6 when the app was updated ( worked fine before the update ) but worked right of way on the new phone for two days.  But because of notification issues I removed the app as requested by support because somtimes a transfered app has issues.  Downloaded and installed it from googleplay and exactly what you said, it's there but grayed out and can't do anything with it. 

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Now I have to take it back after rereading earlier post.  Somehow in playing around mobil data got turned on and after turning it off and going back on my wi-fi it is now green and working fine.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation