Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to resolve a broken battery issue - Poor customer service

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone else experienced extremely poor customer service? Been trying to resolve a broken battery (13months old) & sent around 15 emails with response but no answers.

15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JakeP87,

Do you have a ticket number? If so, please provide it and I will take a look at your case and escalate if needed.

JamesC

JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,
Thanks for getting in touch with me, as it stands the last number I got from the arlo automatic reply is 42896548

however I've emailed the arlo team about 20times as my questions have been unresolved so I don't know if the case/ticket number changes everytime a new reply is created? 

Is there any way you can help me with this? All I want is a new battery, I've done all the checklist work & provided my proof of payment & was told I'm within warranty period but not given a date the new battery will be delivered
Also I've put a camera on charge this morning at 5:30am (was at 51%) & it's currently only at 66% about 5hrs later..... is this normal?
Seems extremely slow
Looking forward to your response
Thanks
Screenshot_20220209-052119_Arlo.jpg
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JakeP87,

I will follow up on your support ticket and request a status update from the care team.

JamesC

JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I'm heading up towards 30 emails now & still have no date of when I can expect my new battery- I've complied with all of your proof of payment & identifying the cause of problem on my end (due to a faulty battery) so can I PLEASE be sent a new one & when can I expect that. Also the camera that the faulty battery was in is now talking over 12hrs to charge only a 30% increase-is that normal? Seems way less responsive than 13months when it was new. Some answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks
JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's the same number I gave you last time? 42896548
JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone else experienced extremely poor customer service whilst dealing with Arlo? Been after a replacement battery that was faulty for over a month with zero answers & they won't even respond to questions with other faulty equipment. Sent 30+ emails now, have the same case number but get someone new everytimw & nothing gets resolved or questions don't get responded to
JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant
So what's the situation? When am I getting my new battery? I live in an unsafe neighborhood & houses get broken into all the time, I need my camera working for insurance purposes too! At least give me an arlo voucher to use in a New Zealand store so I can get one instead of it taking months for you to send me one! Please respond to this & numerous other emails.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There may be 3rd party batteries you could try or use AC power to the  camera.

JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, Thanks for your input. There's no 3rd party batteries (that I've come across) & although I'd accept that as an intermediate solution until the new one from Arlo turns up it's not a permanent or acceptable end solution. I didn't pay for these cameras in money that may/may not be fit for purpose or wouldn't work-nothing wrong with the money I paid & only about halfway into the warranty period so a new battery is fair & expected. Cheers
Pibpar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Product has been working fine for few months….

Cameras stop connecting to the hub, impossible to reconnect them…

called technical support, it resulted in wasted time. Products are so closed that it is impossible to administrate.
I have been installing security cameras for 10 years and my team manages thousands of cameras in airport or highways.

Arlo is not a professional company. It is a no buy…

Pibpar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo claims to be plug and play.

it is plug and sweat….

Ticket opening is the only support knowledge 

While searching deeper, it appears that Pro 3 is discontinued with no support.

This is a major breach of European laws.

I am fed up with these poor quality products and I have ordered a full configuration with E Z V I Z products.

From my experience, much better quality, no sweat…

Bye, Arlo…. 

JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yea the customer service & troubleshooting from Arlo in general has been an absolute abortion. This company in general is a joke
JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yea I'm unfortunately not surprised at how poor this company is. I've had nothing but negative experiences with them & most of the interactions on this community page confirm my encounters with them. Useless. Will never buy again & will tell everyone I know in future to steer clear

JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does anyone know what i can do legally (as I'm in NZ) as it's been over 4months now & arlo have still not provided me with a new camera (2 out of 3 are faulty & were only 13months old when they became faulty) & they won't give me a date in which a new one will be sent out. My premiums on my house insurance are set having that I have cameras operational but arlo's don't work & won't replace them so it's becoming a much bigger problem. Any legal advice would be appreciated
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JakeP87,

I will request an update on your open support ticket.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation