Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Transmission of camera signals; WiFi?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ergerg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Situation: My house is very well isolated, such that I hardly have any WiFi signal outside. Likewise, transmission of the camera signals is unstable and the cameras appear to be disconnected more often than not.

Plan: Place repeater on the outer wall of the house, connected with the router in the house. I know this will solve the WiFi issues outside my house.

Question: Does the plan also solve the issues I have with the transmission of the camera signals? In other words: Are the camera signals transmitted by WiFi or is it some separate signal from / to the Base Station? In the latter case, I would also need to place the Base Station outside of the house (not my preferred option.....).

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ergerg

The Arlo Ultra utilizes the base station to connect to WIFI. If you wanted to extend the range the base would need to be relocated. I have provided an article with more information here: How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ergerg

The Arlo Ultra utilizes the base station to connect to WIFI. If you wanted to extend the range the base would need to be relocated. I have provided an article with more information here: How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

Ergerg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne

Thanks so much for your information and the link. Very helpful!

Best regards

Stephan

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation