Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ray_li30
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Having big issues with recharging my Arlo Ultra's. it's taking over a day to recharge from 10% to 90% from the mains! Never had this issue with my previous Arlo Pro. Tried my other ultra camera but its the same problem. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try this from another user ( unknown if it works )

I tried charging my Arlo ultras for the first time yesterday and they were charging EXTREMELY slowly (1% every 10-20 minutes plugged in, so after 6 hours we were only at about 20% (my other arlo products were always fully charged after a few hours). I called arlo support and spent the majority of a 1 hour phone call on hold while they asked me to do a variety of troubleshooting things. At the end of the call they sent me a new charger.

Being impatient, I decided to keep the charger plugged in, but when plugging it into a new outlet I reversed the plug so that it was right side up. Suddenly everything was charging quickly.

So if you think you have a bum charger or bum batteries, make sure you plug in the adapter so that NETGEAR is right side up. If it's upside down it will fit into the outlet but it won't work properly. Most of the time when appliances need to be oriented a certain way in the outlet, one of the prongs will be larger than the other so that there's literally no other way to plug it in but for whatever reason these chargers don't do that.

•  
--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Ray_li30
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the heads up, tried it and it did t work. Think I might have a faulty charger.
DamianR
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi.
Is this issue with an indoor charger ?
If so, it may well be the lead.
I have seen this problem.
The best solution imho into get an outdoor charger.
Much faster charge, nice long lead and weatherproof If you need it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@DamianR wrote:
The best solution imho into get an outdoor charger.
Much faster charge, nice long lead and weatherproof If you need it.

FWIW, I initially had very slow charging with the indoor charger. The outdoor one charged much faster. That may have been a firmware or connection problem - the indoor charger now operates the same as the outdoor one. Same chargers used so not a charger issue.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation