Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
JSAUS83
Tutor
Tutor
Hi there,

All of the sudden I get a error message “ AC power has been disconnected from your arlo device, Activity zones are currently disabled”

The cameras now

- do not record activity
- do not connect in live view in the Arlo app ( I can click on the “play” icon then it spins for a while and then it stops, no further errors.
- do connect live in HomeKit

I’ve googled and done the following:

- turned on and off the base station vmb5000r4 latest updates
- removed all activity zones
- turned on and off all cameras
- I have Arlo subscription
- connecting the cameras to ac makes no difference
- I have four ultra cameras, they all experience the same behaviour

Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
B_CFJ
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JSAUS83,

I have found the issue seems like Arlo must have reset some database in their "subscription plan" system. You will need to go to Settings >> ARLO SMART >> Smart Notifications. And then Move all your 4 cameras from Inactive Cameras to the Active Cameras section. Fix my issue straight away, even without having to reset the Arlo Homes. Hopefully, this helps. Cheers.

From,

B_CFJ

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
B_CFJ
Tutor
Tutor

Experiencing same problem over in Australia as well. It happend about 5.00AM GMT Friday. Exactly the same description as yours.

B_CFJ
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JSAUS83,

I have found the issue seems like Arlo must have reset some database in their "subscription plan" system. You will need to go to Settings >> ARLO SMART >> Smart Notifications. And then Move all your 4 cameras from Inactive Cameras to the Active Cameras section. Fix my issue straight away, even without having to reset the Arlo Homes. Hopefully, this helps. Cheers.

From,

B_CFJ

SamuelR
Star
Star

@B_CFJ 

Thanks for your info and trying to provide a solution! Unfortunately, this hasn't helped with my connection issues. I now only have 1 fully functioning camera out of the 4 we purchased in December. Clearly some sort of bug, but it's infuriating having to constantly try to troubleshoot and take down and reset the cameras etc.

Hopefully, Arlo provide a fix soon!

AlanBale
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked for me! Thank you for sharing.

JSAUS83
Tutor
Tutor
That worked for me! Thank you so much.
ParkerT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Moving the cameras within the app from “inactive” to “active” fixes this issue for me as well. Once I moved them to “active” I could see the live stream view and it started recording again!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

B_CFJ,

Thanks for posting this workaround. I've escalated reports of this issue and the development team is currently investigating. I will provide an update when I know more.

JamesC

Reitking
Aspirant
Aspirant
The reason I bought these cameras over your competitors was the 7 days of free cloud. I won’t pay a monthly service for cameras whose service is inconsistent and not as good as ring or blink. Getting rid of the free 7 days just made it easier to switch to another company with a better product. Thought you were a camera company but I guess I was wrong.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation