Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Subscription cancelled

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Robboxb
Guide
Guide

I have 12 arlo cameras. When my recent subscription became due, I renewed, and saw the next payment was due in September 2024. To my surprise, I received an email that my subscription is cancelled. 

I've been a bit underwhelmed with arlo performance compared to other products.. is it time to cut my losses and make the switch? 

11 REPLIES 11
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

Robboxb
Guide
Guide

Hi Arlo, it appears you have closed my case without resolution? 

Please confirm if my subscription is active. If it's active any you have processed my payment - all good.

If it is not active, the case is not closed 

Regards

Rob

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can check your subscription status in the app. Be aware that canceling doesn't get you a refund, it still runs for the period you subscribed for.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Has anyone from support reached out to you in regards to this? 

Robboxb
Guide
Guide

Very poor support from Arlo. I have tried entering my CC details for the + subscription numerous times for two different credit cards. Both came up with the error:  "VatNumber is invalid" .

Maybe it's time to switch to a brand that is easier to pay.
Robboxb
Guide
Guide

Someone asked for contact details and a time to call. I supplied both, then heard nothing back.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reached back out to support and created a ticket. Let them know they needed to get a hold of you as soon as possible. Someone should be reaching out soon. 

Robboxb
Guide
Guide

I still have no resolution on renewing my subscription. 
I've tried on different computers, with 4 different credit cards, tried on different browsers (chrome and edge) and tried on my android phone. 

I've had several communications with Arlo support - the latest one wants me to record a stack of HAR logs from chrome. I have no idea what HAR logs are, and am not comfortable with sending that to someone who I know nothing about.

I suspect my Arlo profile is corrupt. 

Arlo offered me code for a 6 month credit, but it still doesn't help if it won't accept the payment. 

I am amazed that Arlo have not attempted to make the payment themselves to test the account.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Robboxb wrote:

I have no idea what HAR logs are, and am not comfortable with sending that to someone who I know nothing about.

The HTTP Archive format, or HAR, is a JSON-formatted archive file format which logs of the web browser's interaction with the arlo site.

While I do get why you are not comfortable (and there is some potentially sensitive info in these files on cookies, etc), Arlo support likely does need these files to understand what is going on.

Did they give you info on how to create these files?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your ticket. Someone should be getting a hold of you soon in regards to you not being able to get that subscription started. 

Robboxb
Guide
Guide

Yes, I received instructions on how to create the HAR logs: 

"We request to send us HAR logs from your desktop or laptop.

• Open your Google Chrome browser
  • Press F12 or Function F12 on your keyboard.
  • Click the Network tab in the diagnostic window.
  • Place your cursor on the middle of the network tab and then press Ctrl + R
  • After the page loads, you should see some information and graphs in the diagnostic window. If the slowness was seen during this page load, Right-click in the diagnostic window and save it as HAR with content.

Please send the HAR logs to customerservice@arlo.com and make sure to use your case number 43920914 as the subject name.

It doesn't say anything about being on the Arlo site when creating the HAR logs. 

I don't understand why Arlo don't try to make a small payment to test the system.

If they are happy to offer me 6 months of free subscription, why not activate it internally while they sort out the problem. 

Very poor support from Arlo - and leaving me exposed for an extended period of time.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation