Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar not charging at 37 degrees and condensation inside housing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TeddyM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo lied about specifications. Solar panel stop charging camera at 37 degrees. And a big defect in Arlo 4k camera housing. Codensation build up inside of camera housing on 5 out 6 Arlo Ultra 4 k that are mounted outside. 6th one is inside. Upset

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TeddyM,

For safety reasons, the solar panel will not charge the battery in your camera at or below freezing temperatures. For more information on this, take a look here: My Arlo Solar Panel is not charging my Arlo Go or Arlo Pro camera battery; what do I do?

Arlo Ultra cameras are weather resistant, and should not be negatively impacted by outdoor conditions if the instructions in the following article are followed: Are Arlo cameras weatherproof?

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary
And where did you get that information from ...?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TeddyM,

For safety reasons, the solar panel will not charge the battery in your camera at or below freezing temperatures. For more information on this, take a look here: My Arlo Solar Panel is not charging my Arlo Go or Arlo Pro camera battery; what do I do?

Arlo Ultra cameras are weather resistant, and should not be negatively impacted by outdoor conditions if the instructions in the following article are followed: Are Arlo cameras weatherproof?

JamesC

TeddyM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo community. We have been scammed by Arlo corporate. Camera's will not charge at temperatures of 37 degrees or less. Don't you think that Arlo should advertise this. I mounted 4 cameras up high outside with solar panels. You have to get to them with a ladder. Now the temperature has been in the 30's and the cameras won't charge do to temperature.. Your joking right ?? Nope... I have a set(4) of NightOwl cameras. They do fantastic at temperatures minus -25. Beware that when your watching live video YOUR NOT.. I have a 30 second to 7 minute delay, but its showing you video an it says its live.. If someone is trying to hurt you or kill you.... YOUR DEAD..Arlo camera's are junk...over priced junk. My Nightowl 4 camera set $179.00. Are way better than theses PIECES of crap. False advertising is a crime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation