Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Defective unit and battery for new Ultra 5gen system

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EMM88
Tutor
Tutor

Recently purchased new Ultra 4K system contains 4 cameras and base station. Was able to sync 3 of 4 cameras to base station. Decided to contact Arlo customer service chat and they narrowed down to defective unit; however, they did promised a follow up email on the process on getting a new camera unit but I never got a response. On Day 2, I contacted via chat again and now reply saying they can't fulfill my defective unit because of inadequate inventory? This is extremely disappointing because I need a system to be operational before my work trip.  Spent over 1k for system plus additional Arlo products and I feel the lack of empathy from customer service has made me think twice of the brand. 

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EMM88,

Are you able to exchange at the original place of purchase? If not, I will escalate your support ticket.

JamesC

EMM88
Tutor
Tutor
Hello James,

I purchased the system from Best Buy. Would I need to return complete system ? I only need one camera and battery. Customer support from Arlo Chat on day #2 was not helpful and I felt they just gave a generic answer stating “limited” units which from my impression of Arlo not caring to support new customers.
giogio42
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I had exactly the same issue ( 1 out of 10 cameras did not works after installation). After 3 days my case is still open and when I have checked this morning they said that they do not have camera in their inventory to replace the one that didnot works.

This is very bad !!

GioGio

EMM88
Tutor
Tutor
I feel it’s just a generic prompt to delay replacement or not wanting to even deal with it. Honestly, I did everything possible before reaching out to Arlo. Spent 2 hours on the first time with customer service via chat and another hour today with no resolution or progress with a replacement.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm working with the RMA team to find out an ETA for the replenishment of these cameras. I'll provide you an update as soon as I get more information.

JamesC

EMM88
Tutor
Tutor
Please do James! It’s frustrating to know that Arlo customer service lack the insight on helping customers and I had to resort in expressing my issues on a public forum format to get help.
giogio42
Tutor
Tutor

Hello James,

sorry but 5 days after my discussion with Arlo Ultra support to get a new / non working camera be replaced and no idea of when this camera will be replace is a terrible customer service !!! Better to say that the camera will be available in a week or in a month than nothing. I think that it is time to get out of this community and spread the message on how Arlo is treating his customers...

Best

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation