Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smarthub

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ksharar
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an Arlo Base Station connected by Ethernet cable to my modem. This sits on one side of my house, downstairs in my basement. Most cameras have a pretty good signal but those farther away not so much. Can I have both a base station and a Smarthub? Does the Smarthub have wireless capabilities? Trying to decide if buying a Smarthub would help boost my signal to cameras farther away.
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The base stations and Smart hub are the same thing ( just a name change on the newer models )

I run a base at each end of the home.

And YES, you can have multi bases as there is no limit on any account  and it is the only true way to expand coverage.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ksharar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you! Is SmartHub wireless or does it have to plug into the router?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All Arlo hubs/bases use an Ethernet cable to connect.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jguerdat wrote:

All Arlo hubs/bases use an Ethernet cable to connect.

Yes. But if you do not want to run an ethernet cable to the far reaches of your property, you have a couple of options.

• Get a wifi extender that can connect to your hub with wifi, and plug the hub/base station into that.
  • Use powerline Ethernet with one plug connected to the router and connect the hub to the Ethernet connection in the plug at the "remote" location.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation