Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
SassyS
Guide
Guide

Is anyone getting the same issue as I am? I'm getting this error message and I don't know what to do. Error message: Videos stored on SmartHub Ultra are not available. Please check your connection settings.

I'm connected to the internet but I'm still getting this error message when I choose to view smarthub versus cloud. Anyone have the same issue?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you on cell service or your own WiFi? For cell service, you have to set up port forwarding or a VPN connection. Check the FAQs here for details.

If you're on your WiFi, try rebooting the hub, restart your phone and reinstall the app.

Samroc
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue and I have try to reset the SmartHub without success. 😞

Samroc
Initiate
Initiate

I have done all of these steps (reboot, reset, re-pairing). It seems to me that Arlo will stop us to view the local footages after a free trial expired. They want you to pay a subscription. Even though that we are not using their Cloud services.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Samroc

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

robert_c
Tutor
Tutor
Reinstalling the app worked for me! Annoying, but glad to have access via WiFi again.
1) I rebooted the smarthub and still had the problem.
2) I rebooted my iPhone and still couldn’t see local storage videos
3) I deleted then reinstalled the app, and this worked.
S_A_
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was struggling with the same problem and reading your post helped me resolve it. Reinstalled the app and it’s ok now. Thanks!
OK-Larsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems Arlo is trying to scam users into a subscription, by producing false errors, - - really stupid

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation