Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Gloryrob
Star
Star
Why is there a slow delay on picking up objects people cars and animals. My pro 2 connected to Ac outlet . Gives me 3 to 4 seconds before anything comes into the picture. My ultra is connected to a Ac outlet as well . I have it at 100 motion detection. I get objects recorded 3 to 4 seconds delay .
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's the 3 second lookback offered when plugged in. It's a feature so you can see what happened before the trigger event should the need arise.

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Does the ultra have this feature? I have a delay on my ultra cameras, but they're on battery power. I don't know about the pro2, I only have ultra.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. You have to have it using AC power since the camera is essentially streaming the whole time which is the only way to get that preview.

Gloryrob
Star
Star
I’m sorry guys what I meant was . My Arlo Ultra is not giving me the extra 3 or 4 seconds that my pro 2 does . Even though I have the ultra connected to AC outlet.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gloryrob,

You could be experiencing an issue due to the Ultra cameras positioning. Due to the much larger field of view, Ultra's area of optimal motion detection is a little different than your Pro 2.

Take a look here for more information on this: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation