Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Showing offline. When receiving notification, person is already gone. Videos are distorted/blank.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Badassbarbie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since I’ve had my cameras they have really been useless. However lately, I might as well throw them in the garbage. They almost never have any bars. They are always reading offline. When I get a notification by the time the app actually opens up, the person is gone. It takes sometime 3-5 minutes to send me a notification. By then the person Is already on their way out. They almost never record when they should or what they should. They will get people leaving but not coming. Videos are always distorted or go blank. Always when something suspicious is happening. Like they’ve been hacked. The two way audio talk takes forever to connect. And the lag on the cameras themselves are ridiculous. If someone was trying to rob my house they would be done, gone, out having lunch by the time the cameras record them and send a notification.

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Badassbarbie,

@Badassbarbie wrote:
They almost never have any bars. 

Are you saying that your signal strength is not showing full bars (3-4 bars? If so, then you may need to have your cameras closer to the Base Station as you can experience your cameras going offline and experience some delays.

Read this article to learn how far you can play your Arlo cameras from your Base Station: How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

And refer to this article to learn how to use the position mode to see how your video bandwidth is: How do I use position mode to aim my Arlo camera?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation