Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recordings triggered via IFTTT are often truncated when the camera is not on power

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dig
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo ultra camera and smarthub which I am using for a timelapse capture of a home remodel.

When connected to power, the camera gathers recordings faithfully, at the time configured, at the duration configured in IFTTT.
However, when I have the camera disconnected from power, at least 1/2 of the recordings are truncated. It's configured to record for 60 seconds. Some of the recordings might be only a few seconds while others are 10s of seconds. 

I assume this has something to do with the latency to wake the device when on low power. Does anybody have a suggestion?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dig,

This could be a connectivity issue, what does the signal strength show for this camera? How far is it from the SmartHub?

JamesC

Dig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Signal strength shows strong.

It's only about 2 feet further from the SmartHub at its new, unpowered location. 4k video streaming is strong. 

I just grabbed a 20', weatherproof power cable. I'll try to A/B the power versus no power at the same location. 

Dig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Confirmed.
I got a long power cable delivered.

The camera has run for 12 hours on power, in the same location, on the same smarthub without missing a beat recording.

On battery, maybe 1 in 10 recordings was the full 60 seconds with most being under 10 seconds.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation