Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dig
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo ultra camera and smarthub which I am using for a timelapse capture of a home remodel.

When connected to power, the camera gathers recordings faithfully, at the time configured, at the duration configured in IFTTT.
However, when I have the camera disconnected from power, at least 1/2 of the recordings are truncated. It's configured to record for 60 seconds. Some of the recordings might be only a few seconds while others are 10s of seconds. 

I assume this has something to do with the latency to wake the device when on low power. Does anybody have a suggestion?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dig,

This could be a connectivity issue, what does the signal strength show for this camera? How far is it from the SmartHub?

JamesC

Dig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Signal strength shows strong.

It's only about 2 feet further from the SmartHub at its new, unpowered location. 4k video streaming is strong. 

I just grabbed a 20', weatherproof power cable. I'll try to A/B the power versus no power at the same location. 

Dig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Confirmed.
I got a long power cable delivered.

The camera has run for 12 hours on power, in the same location, on the same smarthub without missing a beat recording.

On battery, maybe 1 in 10 recordings was the full 60 seconds with most being under 10 seconds.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation