Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi All

Just noticed a bit of different behaviour on my Arlo app recently, and certainly since the updates (Arlo app on Android and firmware update on the base station), but I'm unsure if it's related to the app or firmware, as both (rather unwisely) happened around the same time. 

I can't always replicate it, so unsure what's causing it. However the following has happened on a few occasions now:

- battery status, signal strength, motion detection icons are all inactive, but the local storage access one is active

- audio doorbell and its chime show a red exclamation mark

However, choosing 'live feed' and 'local storage' still work. 

The other thing is that when I switch off an Ultra camera on the app, it shows as 'on' on the web browser. So, the big question is: is it on or off, or both? 

16 REPLIES 16
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks, I was able to replicate the "The other thing is that when I switch off an Ultra camera on the app, it shows as 'on' on the web browser. So, the big question is: is it on or off, or both?" issue. I will let the Dev team know and update the thread as soon as I can. 

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
For months my Arlo Ultra cameras worked normally. Since the recent update, my camera shows last activity shows hours or days ago- even though the library shows several much more recent recordings. Such a disappointment that Arlo still creates issues from the updates and seemingly doesn't notice the issues or just don't care.
Gavin_b
Tutor
Tutor
My app has been the same since the update
It's all over the place, hope it gets sorted
PeanutBJelly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same, yet again Arlo has broken the access to local storage.  2nd time in less than 6 months. Good regression testing by their team.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
So, I've taken a screenshot (in fact two, minutes apart) to illustrate what I mean. It's sporadic and I can't replicate it as such.

It's also strange because our front door camera runs off electrics, whereas when this unresponsiveness happens, it shows as if it was running off the battery.

This kind of behaviour started following the last Android and base station firmware update, so it's defo related to that.
Screenshot_20220510-150627.png
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
And this is how it is in reality, so there's definitely a mismatch in what is being reported when the icons inactive happens.
Screenshot_20220510-151332.png
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
Here's July and the update in June is the latest and once again buffering for minutes to watch a video and days up to a month ago show as the present day. Aggravating.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Le22

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing. 

Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
When I open the app I never know if the view will be of the present day or (so it may say) 32 days ago. Sometimes it doesn't have any info regarding when. When I go to view recordings the initial view is the buffering within each record which lasts a minute or so. When I then go to watch a particular recording it buffers for a few minutes and then I can watch it one time. Each time I go to view a video it buffers for minutes. At the end it may revert to the present day or up to, what it indicates, 32 days ago. That's it.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Le22

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm not doing anything. I don't think hard reset is something that I want to do. I just wanted to report the problems bc I don't think that I am the only one experiencing this. However for others benefit your suggestions may resolve their problems. Be safe and be well.
Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes , have same problems and some. 2 of 5 AC powered cams showing as running on battery , sometimes no icons as the screenshot the other complainant posted and most recently hub flashing orange yet everything works (ie recordings etc) however one cam I have AC powered has dropped to 10v and has remained showing that for 3 -4 weeks but it still works although it shows as AC and charging it wont go above 11v  ......Since the orange light on hub flashing it refuses to be restarted but have tried unplugging it etc .  

Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for including your issues. The programmers need to be aware.
Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Shane , did you see my reply ?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Barney999

Sure did, a member of the L3 team will be reaching out to you regarding your issue(s).

An email has been sent from Jeff on the L3 team, he is requesting a zoom call for 12pm PST today if possible. 

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation