Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Raptor´s nest view sharing

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Raptor911
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys I am not  tech savy so I need some advise, I live in the Canary Islands, and in one of the walls of the industrial warehouse where I work we have observed some falcons nesting in a small metallic box, we thought of making things better for the birds and screwed a small dog house made of plastic to the nearby wall and the falcons proving to be no fools inmediately adopted it as their new home, they have been several years now nesting and growing their chicks there every year, so it is about time that we share their beauty with any Raptor bird lovers around the world so we want to make a permanent installation of two decent cameras with the intention to freely offer some link that should allow anyone interested in taking a look to our falcons  any time day or night to frely do it and watch them, which is specially interesting when they are breeding and when there are some small chicks to watch when feeding .

I have no idea of which cameras are better for this, but we know we want to offer this with great video and audio quality day and night ( maybe offer it thorough youtube) , so I am ready to hear what you techie experts have to say in regards to do this nicely, we could have a 200 Mb internet connection and two cameras . I have thought of buying a couple of Arlo Ultra, but I would like  to get the best advise from you guys with much more knowledge than I have,

Regards from the Canary islands Jose M.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

While you can get a great picture out of the newer Arlos, I really don’t think they will do what you want.

They are not readily adapted to allow internet access like your thinking.

You may be looking for more of an internet camera which allows people to login and view ; IP type camera

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Raptor911
Aspirant
Aspirant

DSC00506.jpg

DSCF1975.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

DSCF2493.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

While you can get a great picture out of the newer Arlos, I really don’t think they will do what you want.

They are not readily adapted to allow internet access like your thinking.

You may be looking for more of an internet camera which allows people to login and view ; IP type camera

Morse is faster than texting!
Raptor911
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wonder, as it seems that the camera I thought would do the job is not suitable, if you or indeed any memeber of the community could give a hand and pont me in the right direction by recommending me a good camera for my intended purpose ........... be it of the Arlo brand or not .... be it publicly or with a private message

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Raptor911 wrote:

point me in the right direction by recommending me a good camera for my intended purpose 

The first step is to find websites where you can host your webcam - otherwise people won't be able to see it. 

Then find out what cameras those sites support.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation