Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Faint audio at camera from Android app to Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Korg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 X Arlo Ultra Cameras – all brand new and just installed.

All firmware is up to date.

Audio volume at the cameras is extremely low when using the Android phone application from my Samsung Galaxy Fold but acceptable from a PC.

This is an issue with your mobile phone application – when will this be fixed?

This issue appears to be widespread across your community forums.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Korg,

Mobile devices vary with their output volume. Check your mobile devices audio settings to increase the volume.

JamesC

Korg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion James but that was the first thing that I checked - the Samsung Fold does not appear to have an adjustment for mic volume, that being said I have no issues with being heard by other parties using other apps that use the mic such as WhatsApp, Phone, Skype etc. so I really doubt that it is a problem with my phone or its' settings and in any case I have double checked ALL of my volume controls and they are ALL set to max.

Further to researching through the community forum it is evident that this is a bug with the Android app - you yourself have responded to several of these reported issues with plenty of suggestions but alas without a solution.

If the volume at the Ultra camera is ok when talking to it from my Windows 10 laptop but not with my phone but my phone is ok with all other apps that use the microphone then logic dictates that it is the Arlo Android app at fault....but what would I know after 32 years in IT.

Korg
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

Are you an AI bot or a human?

If AI you are poorly programmed...

If human you do not appear to have read my responses - try re-reading the thread.

Don't bother replying unless you have any value to add.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Korg wrote:

the Samsung Fold does not appear to have an adjustment for mic volume

I don't know of any phone (Android or iOS) that has an adjustment for mic level.  That is intentional.

So the boost would need to be done in the Arlo app.  Perhaps shifting to speakerphone mode would do the trick?

The only work-around I know of is to use a headset.  Based on posters here, that will "solve" the problem with Samsung phones.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation