Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Questions regarding my new Arlo Ultra Camera

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rinku2012
Tutor
Tutor

Hello Everyone,

Recently i bought  Arlo Ultra cameras. I have few initial questions regarding the cameras

1. Can i use arlo ultra camera without battery by directly connecting it to electric outlet ?

2. when i click on live video, there is bit lag in video ( i am connected from my internal home network). even when i wave my hands to the camera or do any stuff, there is lag for 1 or 2 seconds while viewing . is this common or something where i can fix it ?

3. Motion detection is not instant. i setup the camera on my 2nd floor and did the Camera positioning. but still when i come from upstairs steps, its not detecting the motion.

but when someone comes to the 2nd floor from upstairs and talks or make some noise, motion is getting detected.

is there something else should i be doing?

even i see few seconds lag during the motion detection

4. when motion detects its turning on the light. how can i make it to record in colour during night time ?

picture clarity is very bad ( depsite of very good signal)

5. how can i make sure i record the videos only on SD card ( not in cloud ) ?

6. what is the best placement of camera in the living room as i can see my top wall a lot

cna someone help me in these initial questions

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@rinku2012 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Recently i bought  Arlo Ultra cameras. I have few initial questions regarding the cameras

1. Can i use arlo ultra camera without battery by directly connecting it to electric outlet ?

Yes.

The answers to some of the other questions may depend on the quality of your Internet service, how fast it is, and on the positioning of the cameras with respect to the hub.

@rinku2012 wrote:

6. what is the best placement of camera in the living room as i can see my top wall a lot

Not sure that I get that one. The best placing is the location that gives you the best result. Put the  camera on a "screw mount" and aim it where you want.

VMA1000_Outdoor_Mount_Front__Transparent

That's just one of the various designs. Some Ultra cameras come with a smaller version.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rinku2012 wrote:

5. how can i make sure i record the videos only on SD card ( not in cloud ) ?

Basically you can't.  Arlo is built on a cloud service.  While you can block internet access to the base station, if you do that you won't be able to access the cameras (or change their settings) at all.

@rinku2012 wrote:

4. when motion detects its turning on the light. how can i make it to record in colour during night time ?

picture clarity is very bad ( depsite of very good signal)

Have you enabled "color" and "night vision" in the low light video settings?

Can you give us some idea on how far the camera is from the captured area?  

rinku2012
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

thanks for the replies.

Yes, i have very strong signal to all the 5 cameras in my home ( I have mesh internet system. I get strong wifi signal across my entire house).

if i disable internet to base station, then i might not be able to access my cameras

Yes.. i have enabled color night vision. Whenever any motion is detected, flod light is turning on and ccamera is recording in black and white. i dont see any color recording during night time

i think i might need to change the position in my living room

can someone help me to fix these issues

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rinku2012,

I recommend reaching out to the support team to further troubleshoot the issues you are experiencing.

You can find several ways to contact support here: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

rinku2012
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

when i click on small torch button while viewing the live video, i can see the video in color mode during night time. how can i make the video record inc olor mode during night times ? ( is there a feature like this for arlo ultra camera)

I set up the camera near my garage. i set the motion detection area and set up my camera. whenever car is passing to the motion detection area, car is getting detected. but when the car passes away from motion detection, i can see the car until my camera viewing position ( more then 20 feet).

I have created the activity zone ( whole of the activity zone where i can view the camera). but camera is only detecting motion detection where the camera positioning is taking place

how can i make my camera record entire length what is being viewed ?

will the camera record motion detection while i am seeing the live video ?

I see that Video bandwidth is Strong for all the cameras. I have 3 floored house where i have setup my hub on 3rd floor. will the camera talk to hub or will they connect to my home wifi ?

i see 3 cameras have only 2 bar signal on wifi icon

is this due to my hub or my wifi connection ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rinku2012,

To see color at night, make sure the spotlight is enabled on the camera so that when motion is detected, the spotlight turns on. How does the spotlight on my Arlo Ultra camera work?

I'm having a difficult time understanding what you mean with the positioning issue you'e trying to describe. If you're having trouble with motion detection, you might take a look at this article for tips on positioning for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

You can manually record while live streaming by tapping the record icon. 

The cameras sync directly to your SmartHub, they do not communicate with your home router in any way.

If your cameras have less than the maximum signal strength, this could be due to the range between the camera and the SmartHub or a number of environmental factors including WiFi interference or physical obstructions. To improve signal strength, try to reduce the distance between the cameras and the SmartHub and limit the proximity of nearby WiFi devices that could potentially cause interference.

JamesC

rinku2012
Tutor
Tutor

James,

Thanks for the reply. As i mentioned, i have 3 floors house. ir respective of where i keep my hub 1st floor or 3rd floor), i am getting Strong Video Signal

This means i can keep my hub on 3rd floor right ?

i will send u a pm of video where i was referring about motion detection.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rinku2012 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. As i mentioned, i have 3 floors house. ir respective of where i keep my hub 1st floor or 3rd floor), i am getting Strong Video Signal

This means i can keep my hub on 3rd floor right ?

If you aren't seeing any issues with connectivity (for instance, live streaming failing to connect, or recordings being corrupted) then there is no reason to move the hub.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation