Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I get the cameras to go to a certain date?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Watash
Aspirant
Aspirant

Some of my Arlo Ultra cameras go to the current date, but others do not!  How do I get each camera to go to the current date?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can only choose the dates on which recordings were made. If there are no recordings for a particular date, you can't choose that day.

Watash
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is not the case!  I had active on all 4-cameras, beginning 24 Aug 2019, but not moving FWD to the next day!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Watash wrote:

That is not the case!  I had active on all 4-cameras, beginning 24 Aug 2019, but not moving FWD to the next day!

When I switch between cameras, the selection remains on the day I was looking at before.  If that is what you are seeing, it is normal behavior.

Watash
Aspirant
Aspirant

Normal behavior is not what I want; I want each of the 4-cameras to move from 24 August to the next, and current date, to include 28 Aug 2019!  Yesterday, all 4-cameras move to  27 Aug, but, not today, 28 Aug!  Just tell me the howto!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Watash wrote:

Normal behavior is not what I want; I want each of the 4-cameras to move from 24 August to the next, and current date, to include 28 Aug 2019!  Yesterday, all 4-cameras move to  27 Aug, but, not today, 28 Aug!  Just tell me the howto!

It's not clear to me exactly what steps are you doing, and exactly what you mean by "move to 27 August".

When I just selected the library for my first camera, it went to Aug 28th.  I then went to the second camera, and it also showed videos stored on Aug 28th.  I then selected August 25th, and of course it showed recordings for that date.  When I chose the library for yet another camera it continued to show me recordings for August 25th.  I did this all with the Web client - not with the app (which might behave a bit differently).

In any event, I am thinking that the system works the way it works, and you might need to simply select the day you want to look at when it doesn't show what you expect  Sorry if that disappoints you, but there is no setting I know of that gives you control over the above behavior.

Watash
Aspirant
Aspirant

Beginning 24 August 2019, when my 4-cameras were installed, none of them will go to the next day, and now, on 29 August 2019, I am still at 24 Aug 2019, or some date in between, but, none of them are doing their job, as of today, 29 August 2019!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Watash wrote:

Beginning 24 August 2019, when my 4-cameras were installed, none of them will go to the next day, and now, on 29 August 2019, I am still at 24 Aug 2019, or some date in between, but, none of them are doing their job, as of today, 29 August 2019!

Are you saying that you aren't getting any recordings for the missing dates, or are you trying to say something else?

Are you using CVR?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation