Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DadBod
Guide
Guide

Purchased a 4 x Camera Pack of Arlo Ultra and received the year of Arlo Smart Premier. Question is will I receive an additional year if I purchase another 4 x Camera Pack of Arlo Ultra? For clarity, I would then have 2 x years of Arlo Smart Premier for free.

If so, how do I pull this off exactly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DadBod,

Yes. You will be able to take advantage of the free 1 year subscription with a second Ultra kit.

You would first need to allow the existing plan to expire (so that your account has no plan) and then add the SmartHub from the second kit to the account. Upon claiming the second SmartHub, the free plan will be automatically applied as long as it has never been claimed previously.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Perhaps a real expert can correct me, but I thought it was the hub that came with the "free" year. After all, there are various camera packs available, with from one camera upwards.

Unfortunately, I never did get the free year to work on my single-camera hub, but that is another story.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DadBod
Guide
Guide

It's very unclear. For most other services (Microsoft does this for 365 access tied to hardware for example), the extra time is just granted to the existing account but I can't find any documentation that clarifies this.

I'm almost thinking that in a year, I need to make a new account, add the extra hub, and then add all the cameras to the new hub to get the additional year.

I'm hoping there's a better way...

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is what I would think it would be. You never get the option to "activate" the free year - as soon as you add the hub to the account its added - assuming that the hub is brand new and has not been added to another account.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Mjbeuke wrote:

This is what I would think it would be. You never get the option to "activate" the free year - as soon as you add the hub to the account its added - assuming that the hub is brand new and has not been added to another account.

Sounds right to me.

Given the high cost of the hardware, it seems to me that it would be cheaper to forget about the second hub and simply pay for a subscription .

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DadBod
Guide
Guide

I'm trying to do a value proposition. If for example I need an additional 2-3 cameras, the 4 x camera set may be a more cost effective solution if the additional year of Smart Premier is factored in.

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same logic I used to get my 2-camera Ultra kit.

I had 5x Pro 2s and the Pro 2 Base bundle that I bought in April from Costco. My free month of Arlo Smart Premier was about to expire - and I have grown to really like Smart Premier. It’s not 100% perfect - but about 90% of the time or greater it correctly identifies its target and allows me to only get notifications for people (I was getting far too many notifications before I setup Smart Premier - to the point where I had to disable them in my phone crippling some of the systems benefits).

So anyways - I saw that the Ultras came with a year of it (which is about $100 value) and Amazon mysteriously had a 20% off Coupon for the 2 camera kit.

Would not have bought these at full price - but with a year of Smart Premier and the discount, and I needed 2 more Pro 2 cameras anyways for my garage and inside the house which were freed up from the purchase - it was a win!

You might consider a 2-camera kit as I’ve seen them a few bucks off at Best Buy - and then the additional single add-on ultras have also been on sale at Best Buy recently. Perhaps another way to spin some savings and rationalize another’s purchase!
DadBod
Guide
Guide

Based on a post from JamesC:

You don't need to subscribe to a plan first. After you've canceled your plan, simply add the SmartHub to your account and the free plan will automatically apply. If you added the SmartHub to your account when you had an active subscription plan, you will need to first remove the SmartHub, make sure you do not have an active subscription plan, and then reclaim the SmartHub to apply the free 1 year subscription.

Would still request confirmation that this can be applied sequentially on the same account after the initial year period has expired. It's important for us considering buying multiple camera packs for the value proposition, therefore would appreciate a response.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DadBod,

Yes. You will be able to take advantage of the free 1 year subscription with a second Ultra kit.

You would first need to allow the existing plan to expire (so that your account has no plan) and then add the SmartHub from the second kit to the account. Upon claiming the second SmartHub, the free plan will be automatically applied as long as it has never been claimed previously.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation