Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart - False Alert

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
qureshibe
Star
Star

Dear all,

My outdoor camera is detecting wind motion & is sending me 100s of alert a day. I am getting sick of it.

I have put detection sensitivity to 50%, no resolve.

I have minimized detection zone, no resolve.

It is a defect or normal for Arlo Smart?

I don't want wind Alert,

I don't want any other motion alert but People/Vehicle

Why this thing is draining my battery & bombarding with unwanted notifications?

Any solution plz?

I thank you

Arlo Smart On OFF.PNGDetection Sensivity.PNGDetection Zone.PNGFake Alart Motion Notification EMails.PNGFake Alart Motion.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

qureshibe,

Adjusting motion sensitivity in "Motion Detection Test" will not change sensitivity for motion detection triggers. This needs to be adjusted in your cameras rules. To adjust trigger sensitivity, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

qureshibe,

Are all of these alerts motion triggers or are they audio triggers? In your rules do you have motion and audio set to trigger a recording or just motion?

JamesC

FAZZAMJF
Guide
Guide
I have the same issue. It’s only started doing this over the last few weeks.

All cameras inside and outside started to trigger randomly and almost never stop unless I turned off the monitoring.

I noticed the 99% of the time the audio was the trigger. Watching the videos (which I still have saved) you hear nothing loud enough to trigger anything.

If you turn you phone volume to max and listen hard you can hear a buzzing / electric sound back track. Since nothing has changed in my home to cause this. Plus the timing of the last firmware updates. Im 100% sure the current firmware is the cause.

Fix = disable audio triggers on any monitoring modes.

I plan to test this again this weekend when I have some free time.

Side Note: the Smart AI was also detecting some of the clips as “person”.... erm no, but maybe a robot 🙂

FAZ
qureshibe
Star
Star

All alerts are motion-triggered. 

Audio Trigger is OFF. I don't use Audio as I don't need it.

You can see EAR disabled on the screenshot.

Literally every minute motion trigger, recording & notifications. See Screenshot

False Smart Alert.PNGMotion Active.PNGFake Alart Motion Notification EMails.PNG

qureshibe
Star
Star

Smart is Zero - Another frustrating day of testing.

Sensitivity 20%

Smart Trigger - Detect PEOPLE only 

In 1 hour more than 30 triggers

I have opened a case to see what they can do. As this is distracting me at work. Not helpful at ll

people only.PNGFalse Smart Alert Notifications .PNGsensitivity.PNGtrigger no smart.PNG

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

qureshibe,

Adjusting motion sensitivity in "Motion Detection Test" will not change sensitivity for motion detection triggers. This needs to be adjusted in your cameras rules. To adjust trigger sensitivity, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation