Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
We were previously told that we would be able to access the SD card from the app. This hopefully will happen soon. If we're not paying subscription and we just want to use the SD card for cloud storage will we be able to use activity zones without subscription. I see in this subscription plan one of the things listed is activity Zone. That's why asking this question. Thank you for your help
7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny290 wrote:
 will we be able to use activity zones without subscription. I see in this subscription plan one of the things listed is activity Zone. That's why asking this question. Thank you for your help

Can you clarify your question?  Do you mean the local activity zones (which aren't available on all cameras ,and which need AC power - but no subscription)?  Or do you mean the Cloud Activity Zones (which currently do require a subscription)?

The answer will likely be different for the two types of activity zones.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I mean plugged in local activity zones. And using the SD card
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny290 wrote:
I mean plugged in local activity zones. And using the SD card

FWIW, I agree that should work w/o a subscription (and I expect it will).

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Johnny290 wrote:
We were previously told that we would be able to access the SD card from the app.

This has been promised as a "future feature".

Can I access clips stored locally on my Arlo Ultra camera?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Can we access Clips while away from the house on the SD card. When we get the update
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny290 wrote:
Can we access Clips while away from the house on the SD card. When we get the update

Did you read @michaelkenward's link?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062202/Can-I-access-clips-stored-locally-on-my-Arlo-Ultra-camera wrote:
Based on user feedback and requests, Arlo is planning to add local and remote access to local storage through the Arlo app without requiring a monthly service fee. This will roll out in the second half of 2019. 

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Thank you for the information
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation