Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HoZr
Tutor
Tutor

I've had it.  I Give Up.  You win ARLO.   

I'm so utterly and completely frustrated with the BS surrounding what should have been a great product.  We bought the Costco  (ThankGOD!) ARLO Ultra package about 4 months ago.  Setup was fairly easy and everything seemed to work for the most part.  Then I started getting messages.   LOTS of messages about my 1 year included Arlo Smart subscription expiring after 2 months.  When it was working there were so many delays in recordings or non recordings that there were police IN MY HOUSE searching for a suspect and I wasn't alerted until 5 minutes later.  WTF ARLO?

Side note-> Hey ARLO, your FAQ for ultra STILL says all ARLO Ultra kits come with 1 year Arlo Smart free but I digress.   

So the "trial" ended after less than 3 months and that also happened to be exactly the day 2 Factor Authentication was "Forced" on us.  Coincidence?

Since that day nothing, and I mean NOTHING, works.   No motion detection, no recording locally or cloud, no 4k, no alerts,  NADA.   I can login to a camera live maybe 1 in 10 times without a time out error and having to reboot the camera.  The Base unit recognizes the SD card, says its good, has plenty of storage but will not record anything.  I've tried 3 different SD cards with the same result.   

Hell, I cant even reboot the base station because I get the error "Your Camera is busy".   Busy doing what?  It's a F'ing brick on the wall?!?

So I have this $800 pile of garbage and like I mentioned before, thanks COSTCO return policy.   I will never buy ANYTHING ARLO or ARLO related and I will not recommend this frustrating POS to anyone I know.

Thanks Arlo, I give up.

2 REPLIES 2
HoZr
Tutor
Tutor

https://kb.arlo.com/000062160/Arlo-Ultra-FAQ

Does Arlo Ultra include 1 year of Arlo Smart?
Yes. Every Arlo Ultra kit comes with 1 year of Arlo Smart included.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi HoZr,

Just to make sure, did you purchase an Arlo Ultra camera or an Arlo Ultra 2 camera? You can see this from your packaging box. The Arlo Ultra camera comes with a 1-year free Arlo Smart trial while the Arlo Ultra 2 camera comes with a 3-month free Arlo Smart trial.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation