Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem adding Pro 3 cams to my Ultra hub

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Steve_M45
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased an Ultra 4K 3 camera kit and I’ve had it operating for about 2 weeks.  Now I’ve received a 6 cam Pro 3 kit as a gift.  I want to add the 6 Pro 3’s to my Ultra hub because I have an sd card for local recording.

The problem is when I try and add the Pro 3’s I get a pop up that says I have to have a smart hub compatible with Pro 3’s in order to add. The pop up gives me the option to add a hub or dismiss.

I have checked and my ultra hub has the latest firmware.

Seems like what I want to do should be simple but so far it’s impossible for me.

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@Steve_M45,

This must be a new problem as I purchased a Pro3 camera a couple of months ago and it paired with my Ultra hub just fine. If you remove the Pro3 hub from your account, will it let you add the Pro3 camera to the Ultra hub? Or when installing the Pro3 if you select a Pro2 or Pro instead, will it find the Pro3 camera?

Brian

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Steve_M45 wrote:

The problem is when I try and add the Pro 3’s I get a pop up that says I have to have a smart hub compatible with Pro 3’s in order to add. The pop up gives me the option to add a hub or dismiss.

I have checked and my ultra hub has the latest firmware.

That is weird.  Maybe try setting them up with the Pro-3 base first (just to get the cameras onto the current firmware).

Then try removing one from the Pro-3 base and adding it to the Ultra base.  If that fails, you'll probably should contact support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Steve_M45
Tutor
Tutor

@StephenB wrote:
That is weird.  Maybe try setting them up with the Pro-3 base first (just to get the cameras onto the current firmware).

I tried and they connect fine to the Pro 3 base.  But when I try to connect them to the ultra base I can’t even get to the step where it tells you to put the batteries in the cam.  So it seems it’s something with the ultra base or the app, which I have the newest version for iPad.

I’m trying to attach a screen shot of the error message.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Steve_M45 wrote:
I tried and they connect fine to the Pro 3 base.  But when I try to connect them to the ultra base I can’t even get to the step where it tells you to put the batteries in the cam.  So it seems it’s something with the ultra base or the app, which I have the newest version for iPad.

You could try the web client.

If that also fails, I think you'll need to contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Steve_M45
Tutor
Tutor

With the web client it doesn’t show my Ultra base when I choose Pro 3 cameras.  If I choose Ultra, Pro 2 or Pro cameras it gives me the option to choose either the Ultra base or Pro 3 base to connect to.  If I choose Pro 3 cameras it only gives me the option to connect to my Pro 3 base, the Ultra isn’t listed.

I wanted to use the ultra base for the sd storage since I already have the cards.  I don’t have a large enough usb drive for the pro 3 base so I’d have to purchase one.

I appreciate the help.  I’ll try contacting support.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Steve_M45 wrote:

With the web client it doesn’t show my Ultra base when I choose Pro 3 cameras.  

I wanted to use the ultra base for the sd storage since I already have the cards. 

This is certainly a bug, since the kb articles all say that the VMB5000 is compatible with the Pro 3

https://kb.arlo.com/000062253/Is-Arlo-Pro-3-backwards-compatible-with-my-existing-Arlo-system 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

@JamesC : is this a known issue?

Steve_M45
Tutor
Tutor

Been chatting with support, they were unable to recommend a solution.  They are forwarding to a different department and are supposed to contact new in near future.

brh
Master
Master

@Steve_M45,

This must be a new problem as I purchased a Pro3 camera a couple of months ago and it paired with my Ultra hub just fine. If you remove the Pro3 hub from your account, will it let you add the Pro3 camera to the Ultra hub? Or when installing the Pro3 if you select a Pro2 or Pro instead, will it find the Pro3 camera?

Brian

Steve_M45
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you.  Removing the Pro 3 base didn’t fix my problem.  However, choosing Pro 2 versus Pro 3 worked.  It found all 6 Pro 3’s by choosing Pro 2.  I know have 3 Ultras and 6 Pro 3’s on my Ultra hub

Steve_M45
Tutor
Tutor

P.S. this issue must be a bug within the app I assume?

brh
Master
Master

@Steve_M45,

Glad I could be of assistance and that you now have all the cameras working. Yeah, it is probably a bug that needs to be fixed.

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I currently have several Pro 3 cameras synced with a VMB5000 SmartHub...very strange that you were not able to sync when selecting Pro 3.

I will attempt to replicate this and escalate as needed.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation