Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
HNIC74
Initiate
Initiate

I have 3 Arlo Ultra and one Ultra 2. Two of the cameras were motion recording LOCALLY at 2K resolution instead of 4K (1Ultra and the new Ultra 2) My resolution was the following:

-- ON THE AFFECTED CAMERA: Tap on the 3 horizontal dots to open device settings, then open video settings. Double tap the still image. This will reset any zoom that was applied to the camera. Apparently, the slightest zoom will change the recording resolution. I see many people getting away from their ARLO system because of this "operator error".  I hope this helps.

6 REPLIES 6
dididj
Star
Star

then your ultra records locally at 4k and  in the cloud at 2k ? because my ultra records at 2k locally and 2k in the cloud.

When i had the 1 year free plan my ultra recorded at 4k locally and FHD in the cloud.

What plan do you have?

i have Arlo smart

HNIC74
Initiate
Initiate
I do not use the cloud subscription which is why I didn't mention anything about it. I use a SD card in the home base with port forwarding on my router. I am able to access my recordings remotely in 4k. I hope this helps. Let me know if I can help in any other way.
Ljungbeck
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just tried your suggestion with no improvement, not that I expected it to work in my case.
I have a 4k arlo plan for all of my cameras (they are all ultras), and recordings in the cloud are marked 4k, but my local SD card recordings are all 2k.
It might make a difference without a plan, but when on a plan, apparently arlo just screws you over. 🤔
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ljungbeck wrote:
I have a 4k arlo plan for all of my cameras (they are all ultras), and recordings in the cloud are marked 4k, but my local SD card recordings are all 2k.

I am on Secure Plus and am not seeing that.   Just checked a downloaded video from my SD card, and it is showing the resolution as 3840x2160 (which is 4K). 

In case it matters, I am using iOS.

PGalore
Luminary
Luminary

@dididj You're not the only one that's having this issue. Apparently, Premier plan which records 2K to cloud restricts live streaming to 2k.  Without any subscription you should be able to record locally to SD card in 4k and live stream in 4k. 

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Is your SD card set for record in maximum resolution ?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation