Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ability to mute notifications on some cameras based on a schedule?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rovvp
Tutor
Tutor

Mods - Please move this to an appropriate channel if there is one.

I would like the ability to mute notifications on some cameras based on a schedule.

For instance. I have a camera in my backyard. I want to record video when people are detected in my backyard however…

During the day I would prefer not to receive notifications. At night I do.

At the moment I have my camera setup not to record the backyard in the day. It’s a bit counter intuitive because we back onto a golf course and I would like to know if any golfers / anyone does enter via my back gate during the day.

I think some more flexibility on notifications would help a lot!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rovvp wrote:
I would like the ability to mute notifications on some cameras based on a schedule.

For instance. I have a camera in my backyard. I want to record video when people are detected in my backyard however…
During the day I would prefer not to receive notifications. At night I do.

You can already do this. Create a "Daytime" mode that includes the backyard camera.  Set the rule for that camera so that it records, but does not send any notifications.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Then create a schedule that uses the Daytime mode when you want recordings but no notifications.

Note you can't use this approach to supress people notifications while sending other classifications - it only applies if you want to supress all notifications.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation