Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Poor wifi range through timber wall and one brick wall

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JonCl
Tutor
Tutor

Just installed the Arlo 4k  Ultra, found the wifi range is terrible. I have one camera 5 meters from the base station that will not connect. There is a timber wall and one brick wall in the way but still, only 5 meters ! 

The other camera is 10 meters away with one plaster board will between the camera  and the base station and it only just receives signal.

Looking for suggestions before I take this system back for a refund as it is not fit for purpose. Not happy considering the high price point.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

How close is your smarthub to your router? It is possible there may be some interference occurring if they are too close as well.

JonCl
Tutor
Tutor

Its about 2.5 meter away

I am thinking of going the Pro 3 if its operates on 2.5 Gz ?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo tech Support

TheTomFox
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had exactly the same problem. 30' away from the hub, a single pane of glass in between them. Choppy video. I returned them. Pro3 works better but still has range problems. Just a poor design decision to require the hub when I have THOROUGH wifi coverage available across my property. Even if I have to switch brands, my next cameras will be ones that can connect directly to wifi (like the old arlos did). 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@TheTomFox  The new Essential cam and pro3 flood light do connect directly to wifi or hub. The Essential is limited compared to options of pro3 though. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation