Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Poor sound on brand new Ultra system

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sirbreaksalot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed a new Ultra 3 cam pack ( VMS5340-100AUS ) in my personal residence as a product evaluation test

( before I consider installing them in my clients houses)

System and camera did all the suggested update etc....

on a hole all working well 

How ever spending $1500 RRP on a system and the sound quality is 100%  un usable / in-audible

I purchased the system with the belief I could atleast communicate with the person  in the camera shot

absolutely impossible to do this currently.

I have ensured all setting etc are up to max and tried every possible variant of wind reduction etc.

Looks like these will be getting returned and  recommending all my  future clients to avoid this product.

Disappointed just is a good enough description

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sirbreaksalot,

Do all of the cameras behave the same way? Have you tried testing in different locations to further isolate the issue?

JamesC

Sirbreaksalot
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes all 3 camera perform as poorly as each other.... even if the are beside the hub.
From my experience it's as if the speakers are not sufficient.....the microphones work perfectly..... it's the output sound lack of quality... it's just a crackly distorted noise ..... if this is the quality... I 100% won't even bother trying the video door bell.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sirbreaksalot,

From your description, this doesn't sound like typical behavior. I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Sirbreaksalot
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have spoken to a very poor English speaking person on the tech assistance on number.... they have logged a fault under the wrong description.... I called back and they kept asking did i fix the buzzing noise..... when the issue is audio quality / volume when attempting to have a 2 way conversation..... have since found that I need to use a handfree plugged into my phone to increase the volume to a nearly usable level.... no way am i gpimg to except needing tobplug a head set into my phone to talk to delivery drivers on my camera.... not good...
It's not a ph issue... as 3 phone do the same.... 1. The speaker in the camera is inadequate 2. Software needs to increase mix volume from phones to app ..
stewgotz
Aspirant
Aspirant

You are not going to make any friends installing this in a clients house. This system is not ready for prime time. Every time they release an update they break something. Unless you like having unhappy clients you should look for another product!

Sirbreaksalot
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sadly that's what its looking like.... the community support just gets same generic reply.... These cameras DO NOT work as advertised.....the seller didn't want anything to do with it post sale.... solicitor time by the looks of 😞
Don't use the verbage " crystal clear 2 way audio." Cause it ain't by a long shot
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation