Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
No88Fan
Star
Star
Playback latency is terrible! When I touch a camera video, I expect it to play, NOW! It usually delays, oftentimes for minutes, and sometimes it never plays at all without touching Close and trying again. It’s worst using the web app on a desktop.
8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

your not alone...noticed about 4 days ago same... first video plays but second or third just sits there , black screen, not playing with loading shown...

on download all is 100%

Usu I wait a day or two as many issues are temp or servers

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are we referring to playing back content from the library? Are you still experiencing this? I've not been able to replicate the latency as described, playing back multiple videos is only take a few seconds to load each one.

Can you provide more detail about the issue?

JamesC

No88Fan
Star
Star

Yes, I’m referring to playing back content from the Library. I just tried it again tonight in Chrome on my home computer at 9:00 PM local time and the videos played back fine, each starting within a few seconds of clicking on them. But during the daytime in Chrome on my work computer, it’s much slower to the point sometimes of not even playing it until I do something such as refresh the browser, Close and reselect the video, etc. Ordinarily, I would chalk it up to a slow network at work, but on both of my iPhones, the playback response is also often slow, again sometimes not playing until I do something. So I’m wondering if it has to do with insufficient bandwidth/throughput on Arlo’s servers to handle daytime traffic.

• Dave
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When using the phone to test, are they on WiFi or cell service? Have you tried both?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

No88Fan,

I haven't been able to reproduce this. Are you still experiencing this issue or has this since resolved?

JamesC

No88Fan
Star
Star

Certainly mostly on cellular. When I'm on WiFi, I'm at home with little need to check Library recordings.

No88Fan
Star
Star

The last couple of days have seemed better on the phone on cellular and on the work computer. Better initial response and fewer halts while playbacks are in progress.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

No88Fan,

That's good to hear...let us know if you experience a change in behavior.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation