Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jsijnja
Guide
Guide
I have 3 Arlo Ultra cameras, 2 outside and 1 inside. For some reason the outside cameras will be working fine for days or weeks then all of a sudden they will go offline and I can’t get them back on.

With these cameras I have them constantly charged due to short battery life, and I have removed the batteries in the hope that it allows me to cycle power to the cameras from the power outlet and it will bring the camera back online. Unfortunately it doesn’t work. If I get the ladder out and bring the camera inside to the inside charger then magically it comes back online and I can take it back outside and it will continue working for days or weeks until again it goes offline.

Both outside cameras have 2 or 3 bars of wifi signal and work perfectly until they go offline and cannot be recovered unless they are dismounted and brought inside. It’s very frustrating this happens without any clear indication why it’s happening.

Is anyone having similar issues? Could my cameras be faulty and should I be exchanging them on warranty?

Thanks for any help on this.
2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jsijnja

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

rdegraci2020
Tutor
Tutor

@Jsijnja 

Sometimes one of my Ultra cameras will freeze and when I go into 'live' view, I would get an error that the camera is offline.

All my cameras are powered via USB cable to wall chargers.  

What I usually do to solve this is:

1. Unplug the USB power cable, of the camera, from the wall charger
  2. Plug the USB power cable, of the camera, back into the wall charger

After I do the above two steps, then I can go into the 'live' view and it will be working again.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation