Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One (of several) cameras going (temporarily) offline out of the blue. Goes back online after a while

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Ergerg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Community

I have vandalism going on on my property and the cameras failed recording the acts. Very very annoying.

I installed 5 cameras and occasionally one of them (not always the same...) goes offline out of the blue (while the others keep working). After a while (5-45min) the camera is online again.

The base station is connected to the router by ethernet cable, the camera is within 15m from the base station, the battery is fully charged, and the firmware is up to date.

Any idea what the issue (and solution....) could be?

9 REPLIES 9
Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Please DM the ceo of Arlo!! Lets get our voices herd!! I did it and he responded back to me and had his engineering team & customer care executive team get back to me thru a tel call and zoom call... if more people DM him he will know theres a big issue. It seems all this tickets aren’t doing anything and all the stuff I complained about that we all experience he didn’t know it existed. I
Will put his twitter link below and twitter name
(DIRECT MESSAGE HIM)

https://twitter.com/mbmcrae?s=21

@mbmcrae
Ergerg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks.... would you have an email for DM the CEO?

rdegraci2020
Tutor
Tutor

@Ergerg 

Hopefully this will help

Sometimes one of my Ultra cameras will freeze and when I go into 'live' view, I would get an error that the camera is offline.

All my cameras are powered via USB cable to wall chargers.  

What I usually do to solve this is:

1. Unplug the USB power cable, of the camera, from the wall charger
  2. Plug the USB power cable, of the camera, back into the wall charger

After I do the above two steps, then I can go into the 'live' view and it will be working again.

Ergerg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Probably a good solution, but not feasible for me as the property is a 30+ min. drive from where I generally live. But thanks anyway a lot!

dcfox1
Master
Master

You won't be able to troubleshoot anything until you actually are there. There is not a way to reset the individual cameras remotely though I wish there were. 

kdesforges
Tutor
Tutor

I have 16 of these cameras and 4 base stations and have the same issue. Random outages.

I suspect it is the back-plane of the Wireless Base station that can't handle the the high load of this image quality. So it just errors out and reboots.

Ergerg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks. That's understood. I was hoping to find a solition that minimizes the risk of the camera going offline.

Ergerg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sounds logic. But annoying, of course. Rather than bringing out a new door bell, Arlo may want to make its existing products stable...

rdegraci2020
Tutor
Tutor

@Ergerg 

You could plug the USB charger into a digital timer. You could then program the timer to 'off' for a minute, every four hours. This would regularly 'turn off' the power, however your camera's battery will maintain the camera so that it will continue to record during the those minutes it was not powered from the wall.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation