Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AndyWaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve started using a 2 camera Ultra system today and one cameras motion detection will not work. I work in IT so did all the usual stuff turn hub off & on, remove batteries, remove device
and re-installed and it will not work. I’ve created a test mode for the dodgy camera and still doesn’t work. It works when using live but that’s not much use if the motion detection does not work. It’s just the one camera, the other works fine and the camera settings seem to be the same. I’ll be asking for a refund unless this is resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Is the camera that won’t detect motion or record further away from the base station?

Also, does your home router have its default security settings? Who is your internet service provider?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What modes have you used? The Armed mode should always work. 

You can always swap at the store before getting a refund.

AndyWaz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi yes using the armed mode and it doesn’t work for the one camera only. Also created a new mode for the dodgy camera and still didn’t work. Spoken to Arlo support this morning, I’d ordinarily return to the store but still closed due to Covid, I ordered online. Arlo are sending me another so have to see how it goes in the coming days.
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Andy, do you have an active subscription for that new camera?  That is usually the reason an Arlo camera won't record/

AndyWaz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi no I don’t have any subscription, I’ve inserted an SD card in the hub and it’s triggering when is motion detected, then captures video for one camera but won’t trigger for the other, with or without the SD card inserted. As I mentioned the live feeds work fine on both cameras. This is related to not having a subscription you think ? Thanks ?
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Please check the mode section to see if your are using’armed’.

If so click on edit mode and make sure you have two rules set up (one for each camera). Compare each rule and take a good look at the rule for the camera that is working. Then go to the camera that isn’t recording rule and make sure no settings are missing.

AndyWaz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your time it’s set as armed and both are set to record a video when motion is detected in the edit section and the push notifications are set. Yet only one will tigger when motion detected. Either a dodgy camera or a bug I think.
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I would pull the battery and disconnect AC (if any) so the camera can have a full reboot.

Also delete the other test mode you made and ensure just using ’armed’.

Did the recording job used to work for that second camera or never did?
AndyWaz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I removed the battery (no AC) had already removed my test mode. Reinserted it, armed it (settings unchanged) and still doesn’t trigger. It’s never triggered for the one camera it was delivered on Friday
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Is the camera that won’t detect motion or record further away from the base station?

Also, does your home router have its default security settings? Who is your internet service provider?
AndyWaz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes default security setting on router. The service provider is BT in the Uk.

The camera didn’t detect motion when it was unpacked and in the same room as the smart hub
AndyWaz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok I fixed it. The problem was I had the hub plugged into a Wi-fi extender. When I plugged it straight into the router it works on both cameras. Your comment about the router go me thinking. Assumed it wouldn’t make a difference but it obviously does. That’s brilliant thanks for your help.
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Thanks Andy! Would you mind marking my comment as the ‘solution’? I’d appreciate it. Have a nice day and happy your system is working!
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation