Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
deman00789
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo ultra cameras. One is working well, but the other one does not work every two days later after I re-start my SmartHub. In other words, after I re-start my SmartHub, it can be working only for two days, and die after that and I need to re-start SmartHub again. Even I can't have a live view and it is always showing 'connecting'. It was working really well before December 2019 firmware update. Anyone has the same problem and solution?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@deman00789 wrote:

I have two Arlo ultra cameras. One is working well, but the other one does not work every two days later after I re-start my SmartHub. 

If you swap the two cameras, does the problem stay with the camera or does it stay with the location?

Seattlegrunge
Guide
Guide
I am having the exact same problem with one of my three Ultra cameras that I installed a couple of days ago.
After 19-20 hours that camera won't register motion and can't be viewed live either. After a reboot of the Smart hub it works fine again, but I can't have a life where I am forced to reboot the hub every 19th or 20th hour.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Seattlegrunge wrote:
I am having the exact same problem with one of my three Ultra cameras that I installed a couple of days ago.
After 19-20 hours that camera won't register motion and can't be viewed live either. 

Try swapping the camera, and see if the problem is linked to the location or the camera.

How far is that camera from the base?

Seattlegrunge
Guide
Guide

Thanks for your reply. The problematic camera is the one that is closest to the Smart hub. Only about 3 meters (less than 10 feet) from the hub. The other cameras, one at 4 meters distance (12 feet) and one at 15 meters (45 feet), work fine.

The problematic camera is the only one in that direction, the other two are in the opposite direction.

I am going to add the camera to the hub again, and if that doesn't solve it I will try swap it with one of the other cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Seattlegrunge wrote:

Thanks for your reply. The problematic camera is the one that is closest to the Smart hub. Only about 3 meters (less than 10 feet) from the hub. The other cameras, one at 4 meters distance (12 feet) and one at 15 meters (45 feet), work fine.

WiFi interference is also a possibility, so if the base is right next to your router you might try moving it further away (as far as the ethernet cable will reach).

Seattlegrunge
Guide
Guide

Will try that. The hub is a couple of meters away from my router. The router is placed between the hub and the two working cameras. Not between the non-working camera and the hub.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation