Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
delay1968
Tutor
Tutor

I bought an Ultra 2 camera kit 3 weeks ago. 1 of the cameras set up and synched perfectly right away and seems to function fine to this day. The other one seemed to constantly be going on and off line, making lots and lots of clicking sounds and various flashing lights. When it did work, the activity zones did not work resulting in many false triggers (yes I started my free premium plan so they should work). The battery would also drain very quickly, about 10 times as fast as the other camera. Probably becasue the constant syncing/unsyncing and extra recording due to false triggers.  Firmware on all pieces is up to date. I did all the basic troubleshooting involving distances between router/base station/cameras and reset all of the above multiple times.

After a couple days and many wasted hours, I emailed support. I got an automatic reply with a case number saying I would soon be contacted by the support team. I waited a solid week and was not contacted. I then called tech support and got someone on the phone. Their english was mediocre at best and they were clearly reading from a script/flowchart despite being an "expert" (At one point they told me to take the cover off and connect the charging cable while the cover was off. You can't even do that. Some expert). I explained that I had already done the recommended toruble shooting, have plenty of technical knowledge and was quite sure the camera was defective and wanted a replacement. They said we had to troubleshoot the camera to be sure which I understood so I went through the motions. After over an hour on the phone going through all the scenarios of rebooting everything in my house and many "brief" holds to consult the "team", they confirmed that the camera would not sync. I thought, "great! now I will finally get to send it back in for a replacement". NOPE! They told me that the case would be further reviewed and to wait for support to contact me again and to leave the camera near the base station. After much back and forth and my insistence on getting the camera replaced, they basically said they don't want to send me another one becasue they have so many problems like this and if they sent me another it would likely have the same problem.

So here I am another week later, of course with no further contact from Arlo. I have a few days left on my return window from my initial purchase but one camera works fine and I am now invested (both in time learning the system and in accessories) so I really just want to replace the obviously bad camera and not return the whole set.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Anyone actually get a bad camera replaced?

Anyone from Arlo out there care to explain what is going on and how you justify treating your customers that spend $600 on your products that way? We are not interested in paying a premium to be beta testers for half-developed products that you put on the market before they are ready.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

delay1968,

I will take a look at your open support ticket and escalate as needed. I will reach out to you in a private message with an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

delay1968
Tutor
Tutor

Any word this? Going to return the whole kit soon if I don't get this resolved by the end of the week.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

delay1968,

Sorry for the delay. I have escalated your support ticket requesting an update. An agent will reach out to you as soon as possible.

JamesC

Joybat
Tutor
Tutor

jeg har præsic samme problem

delay1968
Tutor
Tutor

And still no word from Arlo.

I wasn't able to return the set in time due to the labor day holiday so I am stuck with it. Not letting this go, though. I paid for a 2 camera set and I want a working second camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

delay1968,

I've escalated your ticket again. Please reach out to me in a private message for further assistance if you are not contacted within 48 hours.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation