Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Gazbot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, so after purchasing Arlo Ultra I now discover once the 12 months free subscription is finished, the cameras are basically useless. I do not receive any notifications when movement/people are detected, it does not record so I can play back. Essentially all they are good for is to act as a deterrent and the little LED comes on at night. 

What a waste of my hard earned money. $15/m in Australia is a lot of money to pay! Yes, I can record onto SD card on the base station, but to watch back, you have to eject the SD card and put it into a computer.

Seriously annoyed Arlo - unimpressed to say the least!

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Gazbot,

I would suggest to try removing the battery from your Arlo Ultra camera and re-inserting it back in to see if that helps. And without an Arlo Smart subscription, your camera will have the following features:

• Remote and local live streaming
  • Push notifications
  • Auto Zoom and Tracking
  • Two-way audio
  • Local storage recording
Gazbot
Aspirant
Aspirant
Your business model sucks.
Sucking people in to buying cameras, promising to provide a free subscription for the limited features required for the cameras to work, then just before the 1 year free subscription is up, change the policy so you have to pay minimum $15/m just to use the cameras.
You suck, leave me alone. And to say I told sooooo many people about how good the cameras are, it’s just a shame they have now become ornaments!
I hear Nest are a better investment these days.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Apparently you can't read. The free 7 day plan is for the Pro 2 and below. The newer cameras, starting with the Ultras, have ALWAYS been subscription-based - that's why you got the free trial. There's been no change in this at any point.

Rachaelnz
Initiate
Initiate
How do you even access the 1yr free subscription, its not automatic, there is no code????
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It should be automatic when you first install the cameras. Did that not happen?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation