Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not good 4K video quality and night vision not sharp. Batteries are eating in days.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Avileño
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not believe I am  experiencing 4 K quality with my new Ultra. It is configured for maximum efficiency but.....video quality is not very good, night vision is not sharp, I am eating the battery in days not months, and a few other issues that I should not be having with a camera that expensive and supposedly that state of the art technologically! Is anyone else experiencing a disappointing experience with their unit?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can check the video resolution by downloading a file.  With windows, you then can right-click and see the resolution in the properties.

You could also share a video sample, so we can see what quality you are getting.

@Avileño wrote:

It is configured for maximum efficiency 

Not sure what you mean by that.  The english settings for power are

• Best Video
  • Optimized
  • Best Battery Life

Which of those are you using?

Avileño
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using best video, but it looks like I am using worst video! Fuzzy, not sharp. Which file do I download. Give me the specs and location. I’ll attach  a file later. Thank you.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Avileño wrote:

Which file do I download.

Whatever one you want - the suggestion was to download a file from your own library, and look at the resolution.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation