Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keeps disconnecting and not recording. Tried everything on setting and changing location.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lexandco
Aspirant
Aspirant

These cameras are the worst I ever had.  I paid a huge premium for them and all they do is disconnect and not record when they should.  They also have a big lag whilst viewing.

I have tried everything on them all the settings and move the hub to different locations etc etc.

I simply want to change them for something that works.  I tried contacting the support centre and I couldn't send a reply back.

I own other Netgear products and happy with them.  But this is horrible.

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

Just to make sure you contacted Arlo not Netgear. They are no longer part of Netgear for several years. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Lexandco wrote:

I have tried everything on them all the settings ....

We'll have to take your word for that, but if you really want advice, you will have to explain what you actually did in detail. Or use the links on these pages to contact support.

What are you doing and where does it go wrong?

For example, how do you diagnose this bit?

@Lexandco wrote:

.... not record when they should. 

What modes and rules have you created to make that happen?

@Lexandco wrote:

I own other Netgear products and happy with them.  But this is horrible,

As @dcfox1 says, they went their separate ways a few years ago, some time before the Ultra cameras escaped into the real world.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Lexandco
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info.  Yes always contacted Arlo 

Lexandco
Aspirant
Aspirant

They disconnect all the time.  Very slow for live preview and they have a long lag.

They are situated within the same room of the hub. So line of site and with very short distances between the hub and the cameras.

Tried to change the camera locations multiple times and I get the same results.

When they sense movement they start recording late on most occasions and they stop to early.  Some clips are simpler 3 seconds long.  I have also ramped up the sensitivity to 100% and made sure they can recored for a long period.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That may imply interference near the hub rather than the cameras. Try moving the hub as far away from the router as possible or connect it to an extender or satellite (if using a mesh network). Also check for wireless devices that are near the hub.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation