Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there a way when an Alert is received, when open it goes to live feed not recording?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Harlan-1966
Follower
Follower

Is there a way when an Alert is received, when open it goes to live feed not recording? It’s a wasted step sto get the recording, then have to pull the camera and wait for it to connect. I need the ability to talk to the person faster to deter them.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The current apps do go to live view when clicking on the alert. Are you saying that doesn't happen? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@jguerdat  The when selecting the notification it takes me also to the library also and always has. Are we missing a setting? I can go to live manually like @Harlan-1966 described. Edit: I did notice the live view screen if motion was still recording so i assume that is what you meant. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'll have to try to remember to test that. I really don't use notifications so my experience may be limited.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, the test is done. When I first get the Smart notification and I click on it while it's still recording, I go straight to live view. If the recording is done and then I click on the notification I go to the Devices tab, not the library.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@jguerdat  Do you have the Android or IOS. I have IOS and it always went to library after motion stopped. Mabey that is the difference. It goes to the filtered library for that cam. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Android. Guess that's the difference but no idea why.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation